Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon. I own a 4044M with a D170 loader. I love everything about this tractor but I want to add a bucket level indicator. I have searched but cannot find any that list they are compatible with the D170 loader. I have watched videos of people making their own indicators, but my OCD wants everything to look factory. I don't like aftermarket parts and only buy OEM for any of my toys. Is there anyone that has installed one on their D170 or are familiar with which level indicator works with the loader? Maybe John Deere doesn't even make one. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
698 Posts
My previous tractor was a Kubota Bx. The level indicator was just a small angled bracket welded to the bucket. When the top of it was level with the ground, the bucket was level. Its sound rinky dink but it actually was effective.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I currently have a sticker on the top of the bucket that is supposed to help with the bucket level. The problem is with all the snow we in Minnesota have gotten this year, plowing snow where it comes over the bucket covers everything in white below basically the loader cylinders and becomes impossible to see.

·
Registered
23,255 Posts
Just something to maybe make your mind work a bit - in this thread a guy made an electronic level indicator. Pretty neat!

I linked to the first post in the thread where it starts - read on from there -

Bucket Level Indicator - Page 3

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the link. That's quite impressive, there are such talented people in this world. I was disappointed there was not an update on how the testing went.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts