Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new 3038e a couple of days ago. I took it out this morning to use the loader to clean up a little of the 8+ inches of heavy, wet, slushy snow we got on Thursday.

I started working the loader and realized there is no bucket level indicator rod on the bucket like there was on my 2520. With the 61" bucket I couldn't even lean out to the side to see if the cutting edge was level with the ground or not. I don't know why I didn't notice it when I test drove the tractor at the dealer, but I didn't.

There is a "bucket level indicator" sticker on the top of the bucket. What up with that? It doesn't indicate if the cutting edge is level with the ground, or am I missing something. I looked in the 305 Loader Owners Manual and that's all it says about a level indicator is the sticker is placed on top of the bucket so the operator can see the sticker from the drivers seat.

Will the Bucket Level Indicator Kit that's on the 2520/2720 work on the 3038e? I measured the loader arms and there's less than 2" difference in length. Or does someone have a home built one that will work?

I know "e" stands for economy for the tractor, but this is on the loader.

I did get the snow moved, but there are few gouges in the gravel driveway I'll have to fix later.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Rick

·
Administrator
17,319 Posts
Rick, I am not sure if there is a mechanical level indicator for the 305 FEL like you had on you 2520, but the sticker is basically telling you that the top of the bucket is on the same "plane" as the cutting edge, so if it's level the the edge is as well.

Those level indicators are very easy to make your self if you have basic fabrication tools.

·
Registered
346 Posts
FWIW, I have a 400CX with the level indicator and I never use it, I just look at the flat on the top of the bucket. I think it's easier to judge the angle of the bucket that way rather than the indicator rod.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kennyd & Interceptor - I didn't realize that the top of bucket is parallel with the cutting edge. I never thought about it to tell the truth, until you mentioned it. Now that I know it is, I'll try that and see how it works.

If I still have trouble getting the edge right, I'll make up my own indicator. I did a little more research on it and I should be able to fab one up pretty easy. But if the top of the bucket method works, I'll use that.

Thanks for your replies!

Rick

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had mine for a year now and I am still getting used to the sticker. I just try to put the sticker in about the same place in relation to the loader arm where I know the bucket is level. It usually works pretty good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts