Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine didn't come with one so I decided I'd fab one myself (I got the D120 loader which doesn't come stock with the BLI - wish I had realized that when I negotiated on the tractor). Used 3/8" copper tubing, an elbow and a couple of caps. Drilled out the lower end cap to take a 1/4 20 bolt (before I soldered it all together). The hole in the bucket is "C" shaped so I ground the shoulders off three sides of 1/4 20 washers to act as a bushing in the bucket attachment point. Captured those with washers then a regular nut and a then a locknut. Tighten just enough to capture the washers in the bucket - not too tight (don't ask me how I know this), then spin the locknut on to capture the first nut. A little paint and it's ready to go.

The 3/8" copper tubing I used was the semi-rigid kind. One of the hardest parts was getting it reasonably straight.

Probably would be easier with hydraulic lines or something a bit stiffer, but it was what Home Depot had available.

I'll see how I like it, I know some people like them and some people don't.

Anyway, FWIW.

IowaGuy

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,321 Posts
Nice work IG :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
20,366 Posts
Great work! :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Nice! You'll find it very useful, I know I refer to mine almost every time I use the loader.

·
Premium Member
11,021 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
:thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks better then OEM Put some shrink tubing on rod at different positions of bucket at you eyebolt
I had some temporary marks before I painted it. I will transfer them on once I get some paint or tape that I'm willing to commit to. I'd like to find something reflective that shows up at night.

IowaGuy

·
Registered
84 Posts
Call me uneducated but I had no clue what that was for, now to learn how to use it. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Call me uneducated but I had no clue what that was for, now to learn how to use it. Thanks.
I found that my bucket level indicator was not adjusted properly from the dealer, it's simple to fix. I also tweaked it slightly after adding my piranha bar to the cutting edge. I found it best to adjust for how the bucket cut as it loaded with material, setting it for dead level had a tendency to undercut once stress was applied to the whole bucket and loader frame.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,204 Posts
I re-adjusted mine as well after I put the piranha bar on. I like it but it's not necessary.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Wow, I thought I was the only one here with a D120 lol. I ended up cutting the pin on bucket brackets off and installing all the quick attach stuff within a year. Glad I did because I use my Artillian forks more than the bucket.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
fuelhog, I hear ya'. In retrospect, I probably should have also gone with the H120, but at the time it was about all I could do to swing the tractor, deck and loader. That being said, I haven't for one minute regretted getting my FEL. I have found many things to do with it in the 3 months I've had it. I will probably end up doing what you did.

I cleared the driveway three times in the last two days and I really like my BLI, especially since the piece of PVC pipe I had on the cutting edge of the FEL let go about halfway through run #2 yesterday. I found the place on the BLI where I won't catch any edges of concrete or imperfections in the asphalt that I have to clear but still clears down to the surface. It's easy to repeat and means less fiddling around on my part.

Have a Happy New Year everyone.

IowaGuy

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,204 Posts
:munch: :munch:

1 - 20 of 84 Posts