Green Tractor Talk banner

Bucket list, er, basket?

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Jim Timber 
#1 ·
My wife had us make a detour on our way up to the cabin a few years ago for something off craigslist. Apparently, the guy had a garage sale and no one came so he was trying to move the stuff without paying instead. When we were there I scored some miscellaneous stuff like welded wire fencing, and a brand new self regulating animal feeder trough head for a water tank or hose connection, and I almost didn't get this gem but he gave in and it was the prize of the pick.

So what if it was totally rusty and looked like it'd melt down to make a nice Hyundai when I got it. I have a blast cabinet and I'm pretty mean with a rattle can. I also tend to be a good judge of potential. Ok, ok, I collect junk. :lolol:

I turned .7" spacers out of some nylon rod, and found out my fender washers weren't quite up to the task of clamping it down but that's easily remedied if I ever care to replace the distorted ones. 5/16" bolts fit the wire spacing perfectly.

John Deere green my a-hem... eye! I need to find a better matching paint. Bought two cans of this crap too. :nunu:

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like you got the older shade of paint. The old equipment was a darker shade of green than what they use now. I almost bought the wrong shade a while back until they pointed out the difference at the dealer.

Reactions: Levi and johnH123
#4 ·
That's after I pulled it out as much as I could by hand too. :laugh:

I bought this paint back when I was waiting for the local dealer to produce a loader for the 5045e, so I wasn't overly familiar with the shade at the time. I knew as soon as I sprayed a test piece that it wasn't going to match at all, so I won't be using it for touch ups, but it's still paint and better looking than rust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.