Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was working on the neighbors pad for his new "shed" yesterday and noticed that when I would drop the bucket down and backdrag that it wouldn't stay vertical - it would go limp for a little bit - maybe 15 degrees, then firm up and allow backdragging.

Any ideas? Is this the imfamous "floppy bucket" I've read about? Just under 50 hrs on the machine and this is the first time I've noticed this.

·
Administrator
20,353 Posts
Yup. That's FBS. You can help this by not going into Regen if you can (joystick far right position). It's not a cure, but it helps.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Same Here

I think I have the same issue. Is there any fix for this?

AWK

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I think I have the same issue. Is there any fix for this?

AWK
On my 1026, if I completely dumped the bucket to the stop it would not flop.
Also if I used regen mode, it would not flop.

A new SCV solved the problem.

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Yep, a new SCV fixed mine. Works great now, glad I got it under warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would have thought that if there was a fix in July 2013, that the brand new machine I took delivery on in May 2014 would already have it.:unknown:

I'll have to play with regen mode, I was feathering the controls when this happened as I was carefully metering out the material from the bucket so I know I wasn't in regen at the time it was happening.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
My brand new machine I took delivery of in June 2014 is a 2013 model according to the dealer. Mine doesn't have DBS or FBS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My brand new machine I took delivery of in June 2014 is a 2013 model according to the dealer. Mine doesn't have DBS or FBS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the first time I've ever noticed it, mainly because I was doing a bunch of "bucket straight down" work to pull piles of gravel back at a certain depth. As the bucket touched the pile I had dropped and I started to pull, it would move from the position I had put it and "flop" forward. I had also been working the machine hard for about 3 hours.

To be honest, even though I read the manual - I had forgotten (or simply didn't absorb) the info on regen mode. Makes sense.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I have the same problem with my 1025R. I have a new SCV under warranty and it still moves in a back drag.
The dealer keeps telling me not to back drag at a 90 deg. do it at 45 deg. It did stay wear I put it if I do it that way.
I still think something is wrong.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I have the same problem with my 1025R. I have a new SCV under warranty and it still moves in a back drag.
The dealer keeps telling me not to back drag at a 90 deg. do it at 45 deg. It did stay wear I put it if I do it that way.
I still think something is wrong.

The manual says to back drag with the bucket at 40 degrees or less below level.

My bucket flopped no matter where it was at.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts