Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member, first post. Just purchased a used 1023E with H120 loader and 54D mower with the independent lift installed (or at least that's what I understood). Very excited. It's in very nice shape with only 75 hrs. Thx to this forum for all the useful info that helped make my decision. I still have to go pick it up but have a question related to when I went to look at it today. We installed the mower then had to disconnect one of the loader hydraulic hoses (the yellow one) to connect the mower lift hydraulic hose. The loader goes up and down fine, but now the bucket tips when raising and lower the mower, and the bucket tip doesn't go anywhere near full range. It stops in a 1/2 dumped position when the mower reaches full lift. Doesn't seem right to me that the bucket has to tip every time the mower goes up and down and the bucket tip doesn't go full range. Is something missing or incorrectly installed? I saw some posts about another kit but didn't know what it is for.
Thx

·
Administrator
20,845 Posts
You need to disconnect the other loader hydraulic QD for the bucket circuit when you want to have the mower lift working. Otherwise you're sending fluid with no return to the loader curl circuit. The loader uses double acting cylinders, hence the need for two hoses. One for in, the other for out. When reversed, the flow is vice versa. However your mower lift is single acting. Flow to the cylinder lifts the mower, releasing the fluid (a spring and gravity also assist) lowers the mower. You can't have the loader curl circuit halfway connected and use the mower lift together on the same hydraulic circuit at the same time.

Hope that makes sense.

:wgtt:

·
Premium Member
14,873 Posts
Agree with dieselshadow ,:wgtt:

·
Administrator
20,845 Posts
On mine, it was yellow. It came with a yellow cap on the mower lift cylinder line. They may have changed it later. :unknown: It doesn't really matter which port you use anyway, as long as the other mating port is unplugged as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the great answers. They definitely make sense. I spent most of last evening browsing other threads here and think I have a better understanding of how the hydraulic system works. Sounds like if I want to really use the FEL with the MMM and independent lift, I may need to pop for the LVB26207 diverter valve kit. I know most don't use the mower and FEL at the same time, but I've got several miles of trail that I maintain, about half through woods. Seems like every other time I go out on the trail, there is something more than mowing that needs to be done. I'd hate to go out mowing, get a mile from home, then find a large tree across the trail, have to go back home and get the loader and chainsaw, go back and remove the tree, etc. :gaah:

·
Premium Member
14,873 Posts
Doesnt the mower deck get connected to the "black" disconnect?
When I had the 2210 and 2305 machines it was the black, now with 12026r Yellow. Either will work , as others have stated . I like pulling the lever toward me to raise the deck and push away to lower. Using the other color ,you push to raise the mower and pull toward you to lower..

·
Premium Member
14,873 Posts
Thanks for the great answers. They definitely make sense. I spent most of last evening browsing other threads here and think I have a better understanding of how the hydraulic system works. Sounds like if I want to really use the FEL with the MMM and independent lift, I may need to pop for the LVB26207 diverter valve kit. I know most don't use the mower and FEL at the same time, but I've got several miles of trail that I maintain, about half through woods. Seems like every other time I go out on the trail, there is something more than mowing that needs to be done. I'd hate to go out mowing, get a mile from home, then find a large tree across the trail, have to go back home and get the loader and chainsaw, go back and remove the tree, etc. :gaah:
Instead of tearing up a $15-2500.00 finish mower . Maybe a used brush hog for rear 3pt. you cand find used ones on Craiglist or other sites. for 500-1000. Then you can use loader and mower and you would have some ballast on rear of your tractor.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I like pulling the lever toward me to raise the deck and push away to lower. QUOTE]

And I like "lever right/plow right" which is why I switched the yellow and black caps on my plow. I didn't see a need to reprogram my ancient brain just to suit the situation.:laugh:

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Premium Member
14,873 Posts
I like pulling the lever toward me to raise the deck and push away to lower. QUOTE]

And I like "lever right/plow right" which is why I switched the yellow and black caps on my plow. I didn't see a need to reprogram my ancient brain just to suit the situation.:laugh:
Agree , we get in a certain mind set . For some reason some of the 1026r had the yellow and black switched. Mine is one of those.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Instead of tearing up a $15-2500.00 finish mower . Maybe a used brush hog for rear 3pt. you cand find used ones on Craiglist or other sites. for 500-1000. Then you can use loader and mower and you would have some ballast on rear of your tractor.
Good thought. I have been using my JD X320 with 48" deck (which I plan on selling this spring) to mow the trail, and since the trail is fairly well maintained, it isn't too bad on it. Just some gopher mounds now and then in the "field" areas of the trail. I have to be careful though as my garage is now full, and then where to store another piece of equipment. Honey, I need to build a pole barn....

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have to be careful though as my garage is now full, and then where to store another piece of equipment. Honey, I need to build a pole barn....
That sounds like a good start to set a long term plan in action. She needs to know all you can accomplish with a full range of implements. :hornets:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts