Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 1987 JD 1050 the bucket rolls out when I put lead edge of bucket on ground and drag backwards There are no visual leaks on anything. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
593 Posts
Welcome! Getting down to it, what is your question and what is “the bucket rolls out”? :dunno:

·
Registered
993 Posts
Most likely, you have worn seals in one or both of the bucket cylinders. The oil leaks from one side of the piston to the other and doesn't leak externally. There is also a chance the control valve is leaking internally, but in my experience, the cylinders are the usual culprit. I would recommend resealing them both.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
or

Is He hitting the Float fuction?

Perhaps He does not know its an option.

:munch:

·
Premium Member
13,629 Posts
or

Is He hitting the Float fuction?

Perhaps He does not know its an option.

:munch:
Float only applies to the boom up/down function, not the curl/dump function.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Welcome from Ontario, Canada. Where are you from? How many hours are on your tractor?

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Float only applies to the boom up/down function, not the curl/dump function.

good call....If His loader stick is original and similar to my 955....They get finiky.

I'm on my 3rd joystick&linkage since 95 ish

·
Registered
593 Posts
Apparently others know what he is talking about, so, what is “the bucket rolls out”? I’m just not clueing in on this one,

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Administrator
18,806 Posts
Apparently others know what he is talking about, so, what is “the bucket rolls out”? I’m just not clueing in on this one,
The bucket does not hold position, it's curling or uncurling while the joystick is in neutral.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks

Thanks everyone for sending a helping hand. I think you hand the right call on the seals being worn Thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts