Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just goofing off today since sun is actually out and put a tape measure On my bucket. Measuring about 49 1/2. I thought the new 2025R was supposed to have the 53 inch bucket. I’m almost positive I ordered the 53 inch toothbar and it fits right. Maybe dealer pulled a fast one idk. It works fine but just not what I thought I had I guess. IMG_9649.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
What size bucket is on your PO?

Sincerely

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just says 120R loader. And gives a stock number. Doesn’t describe bucket. But does say 53” toothbar.

Reactions: jdforever

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wonder what price difference in the 2 buckets is.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
There are two bucket options. The 49" is the standard bucket that comes with the loader unless the dealer specifies the 53".
My dealer wont order anything with a 49" unless the customer absolutely has to have the smaller one.
The smaller on is a bit cheaper, I think I recall it being about $100-150 cheaper, but could be wrong. There is a lot of crazy stuff floating around in my brain...no telling whats getting mixed with what these days.

As to the toothbar, without knowing what brand it is, its hard to say what may or may not fit on a narrower bucket. Several likely would.
The Heavy Hitch bolts to the bucket lower edge, so its possible it would fit, or could be easily modified to work. I assume the others could too. Most look a bit narrower than the bucket anyway.

If its a big deal, Id speak to the dealer about it. One guy here had a similar situation, and hed already drilled and mounted Kens hooks. His dealer made it right with the bigger bucket.
Personally, if I thought I was getting the bigger bucket, either because the dealer implied it or because I specified it, Id want the bigger bucket, and get with the dealer and have them make it right.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are two bucket options. The 49" is the standard bucket that comes with the loader unless the dealer specifies the 53".
My dealer wont order anything with a 49" unless the customer absolutely has to have the smaller one.
The smaller on is a bit cheaper, I think I recall it being about $100-150 cheaper, but could be wrong. There is a lot of crazy stuff floating around in my brain...no telling whats getting mixed with what these days.

As to the toothbar, without knowing what brand it is, its hard to say what may or may not fit on a narrower bucket. Several likely would.
The Heavy Hitch bolts to the bucket lower edge, so its possible it would fit, or could be easily modified to work. I assume the others could too. Most look a bit narrower than the bucket anyway.

If its a big deal, Id speak to the dealer about it. One guy here had a similar situation, and hed already drilled and mounted Kens hooks. His dealer made it right with the bigger bucket.
Personally, if I thought I was getting the bigger bucket, either because the dealer implied it or because I specified it, Id want the bigger bucket, and get with the dealer and have them make it right.
It’s a blue diamond toothbar. It bolts to the sides of the bucket. I’m same way I’ve drilled this bucket for the toothbar and for kens bolt on hooks. I’m not going to make a big deal out of it but I do want to ask my dealer. We never discussed bucket sizes he told me it came with a 53 inch bucket and we ordered a 53 inch toothbar. That’s what I can’t figure out is how the toothbar he delivered fits my bucket unless he ordered a different one. Don’t think blue diamond makes anything smaller than a 53. And that’s what was written up on my PO. When toothbar arrived later it didn’t have any labels or markings on it. If they offer a credit I’ll take it if they don’t I won’t be upset.

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts

My dealer is the same way when He Orders In 1 series and 2025R they all come with the 53inch Bucket. He has had a few customers order the 61inch Bucket as well. I Just Kept My 53inch Bucket from My 1 series when I Upgraded Tractors. Just to save the dealer some time on reselling my 1 series. Not that it Took Longer than a few weeks:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
If I remember correctly it’s only a 50$ difference
Looks like you are correct!
Found an old post regarding this, and thats what they said too.

There was a post saying one dealer wanted $100 for it, but he never reported back as to any negotiating on that.

Its kinda like tillers. Everyone seems to be happy with what they have.
The only caveat is, had someone told me I was getting a 53, and I ended up with a 49, someone is going to get me a 53...

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The mystery to me is the toothbar! Either in a stroke of blind luck the 53 inch diamond toothbar is only 49 inches wide (zero chance) or the dealer realized he had told me wrong on the bucket size and ordered a smaller toothbar without me knowing. I still paid full price for the toothbar. I would think the bucket and toothbar I got both should have cost a little less. Like I said I’m not unhappy with my setup just don’t want to be taken advantage of either. Just seems fishy.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has taken awhile but finally moved far enough up the chain to get a phone call back. My dealer offered me $66 to keep the bucket I have or order a new bucket and toothbar. And swap them out. I took them up on the new bucket and toothbar. I looked at both sizes on the lot and the depth of the 53 was more appealing than the extra width. Said will be 3 days for. I let and week or 2 for toothbar. It’s like getting a new machine again lol GM that finally resolved issue could t be any nicer. Salesman and sales manager both wouldn’t return my phone calls after repeated inquiries. I wasn’t hateful or rude and wasn’t even unhappy with current bucket setup. I just wanted what I paid for.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
New bucket arrived today!!!! When dealer was loading it they hit my tailgate with their forklift. Put big dent in it. They are going to take care of me but it just adds to the saga of getting all the bugs worked out with my dealer and tractor purchase. Oh well. I’m not upset. I’m thrilled with new bucket. It doesn’t seem like much on paper but I can tell a significant difference between the 2 buckets. Toothbar is coming UPS so have that to look forward still.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts