Bucket Size

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
GTT Vendor
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

What size bucket do you prefer for your loader?

It seems to me that many people automatically think bigger is better. I guess that's true for moving loose materials, above grade. But I use mine for cutting just as much so when moving up to the 2520 I kept the old 49" bucket from my 2305 and got a 61" bucket with the 2520. So far, I've stuck with my trusty old 49" for most landscaping uses and have only used the 61" to move some short logs (too short for the forks). The 61" is massive in comparison to the 49 (depth as well as width). With my 49, I can still see around the side of the bucket to know what the cutting edge is doing. With the 61", forget about it. Using the 49 doesn't stress the loader as much either, by default. To help reduce this further, I'm planning to add a tooth bar to the 49 soon too. Anyway, just wondering...

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
49 with a tooth bar, works great. :good2: I didn't even think of bucket size when I ordered my loader, it came with the 49. It must be standard if you do not specify. I haven't even thought about adding a larger size.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well my exact size is not listed. It's 54 so I voted for the nearest one which is 53. The 54 has worked well. It matches the outside width of the rear tires and I think matches the tractor capabilities. 48, 54, and 60 were the available choices when I bought it. The dealer recommended the 54 and it has turned out to be the right one for me.

·
GTT Vendor
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JD755, apologies for not including those sizes. I certainly didn't mean to exclude anyone. I would go back and add them, but I don't see a way to do it. Randy?

Otherwise, I hope others with similar machines to yours doesn't mind finding the closest size bucket in the poll.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I would go back and add them, but I don't see a way to do it. Randy?

Otherwise, I hope others with similar machines to yours doesn't mind finding the closest size bucket in the poll.
Chris, Out of the three owners and tech guy, you ask the one least capable. :dance:

I found the edit button and chickened out in fear of making a bigger mess than solving your problem. I think your solution of choosing the closest size will have to do for now. Sorry.

·
GTT Vendor
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chris, Out of the three owners and tech guy, you ask the one least capable. :dance:

I found the edit button and chickened out in fear of making a bigger mess than solving your problem. I think your solution of choosing the closest size will have to do for now. Sorry.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field"
-Niels Bohr

Go ahead Randy, PUSH THE RED BUTTON!!

Just kidding, thanks anyway.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My 2305 had a 61" when I bought it used. The very first thing I did was hunt for someone with a 53" to swap with me - even trade, no cash. He thought it was he greatest deal ever, I thought it was too.

I don't see the point in having a bucket on the loader if I can't lift it when it's full of gravel or soil. The 61" can hold about 1000lbs of gravel, which is just too much for a 200cx/2305.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Looks like the 53" buckets are popular. That's that size I picked when
I order the 2320. Figured it would be a good middle of the road choice
for materials as well as snow removal. A bargain at only $33 extra.

·
GTT Vendor
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm glad to see the popularity of the 53 bucket. If I hadn't kept my 49 bucket, I was set on the 53 for my 2520.

This brings up another question. The missing factor with this Poll is not being able to include the tractor model with the bucket. It looks like we need a cross product bivectoral matrix Poll. Randy, can you to whip that up? :p :flag_of_truce:

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Bucket on the B21 is 60", enough to cover the width of the tractor with a few extra inches. I'll click on the pol, but, my real answer (and this applies to box blades, snow blowers and angled blades too) is "Just a bit wider than the tractor".

Maybee randy can add that in as a response. I can't believe he's afraid of the red button since many cameras and camcorders have red buttons to take pictures:mocking:.

Pete

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
The missing factor with this Poll is not being able to include the tractor model with the bucket. It looks like we need a cross product bivectoral matrix Poll. Randy, can you to whip that up? :p :flag_of_truce:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I am so glad I can entertain you guys. Chris, I would have to know what you said before I can attemp mucking anything up. :lol: Well.......does it include the use of my tractor? :unknown:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Maybee randy can add that in as a response. I can't believe he's afraid of the red button since many cameras and camcorders have red buttons to take pictures:mocking:.

Pete
It's not the button I am afraid of, it is the unintended results. You guys ribbing me on not making the change would have field day of the potential mess I could make. :cray: I'm not fallin' for that one.:lol:

:flag_of_truce: Maybe another Poll?

·
Administrator
17,506 Posts
I can hear the crowd chanting now...

Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy, Go Randy,

:lol::lol::laugh::laugh:

·
GTT Vendor
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just kidding around about the fancy name Randy, but here's an example of how it might look if we could poll tractor model in with bucket size. I can do it in Excel all day long, but not in web code. Anyway, just messing about...a sad display of an engineering sense of humor. In reality, this information would be quite useless, ha ha.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
My 2520 is ordered with the 61" bucket. That is what I had on the 4110 and 4115 I owned before and never had any problems. :thumbup1gif:

·
Super Moderator
5,491 Posts
Looks like we have a tie.:thumbup1gif:

Greg

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Very interesting the survey came up. I was at the dealer yesterday picking up an oil filter for my quad, and let him know I miss the smaller bucket from the 2720. The reason i say smaller is that we measured my traded in bucket and it is 51". We measured a new 2520's bucket size and it was 53". Very bizarre...not sure if they incresed the size from 2008 to 2011?

Anyway, the 73" I have on the 3320 is fine and will work well for many uses, however I have a rhino tub trailer that I've modified into a dump trailer I pull behind the quad, and the 73" dumps material over on both ends (too long by about 6" front and back) which makes quite a mess....so we agreed on $500 and I now have 2 buckets!

I'm sure my wife will figure the latest purchase out soon :laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,646 Posts
61", my shovels and rake fit in without hanging out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts