Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one fabbed up a bucket spill guard for their standard tractor bucket?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Interesting, to prevent spilling what exactly? Earth? Water? Tools? Are you overfilling and trying to prevent spillage during travel or from sloshing back and forth when stopping?

·
Administrator
17,272 Posts
I had a customer send me this recently, I am unsure if he is a GTT member so I'll go ahead and post it:
image.jpeg

·
Registered
21,468 Posts
I had a customer send me this recently, I am unsure if he is a GTT member so I'll go ahead and post it:
View attachment 189458
Make that into a bolt-on version and I bet people would buy it.

The bucket on these tractor took me a bit to get used to. I am used to large loaders with self-leveling buckets. I had to learn that as I raise a bucket full of something that I have to keep tilting the bucket forward a bit to keep from spilling out the rear of the bucket.

·
Registered
417 Posts
So the intended use would be for brush, wood etc. in essence extending pallet fork duty to your fel?

·
Administrator
20,354 Posts
That would be great for mulch. :thumbup1gif:

·
Super Moderator
7,911 Posts
That would be great for mulch. :thumbup1gif:
When I saw it that was my first thought as well. :good2:

I cringe whenever I see a relatively new tractor with the hood caved in.

·
Registered
11,757 Posts
Any one fabbed up a bucket spill guard for their standard tractor bucket?
yelp-i made one out of wood, just made like a L and then bolted it to the top of bucket. i cut my bottom board so my bucket hooks stuck thru. the reason i made one, was on account of snow falling back onto the hood, and brushguard. it's sitting out in the garage, i take it off for summer. but since i bought a plow-i don't use the bucket in the winter now. it worked great for not letting the snow fall back over the top of the bucket.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
11,757 Posts
Something like that would make my bucket hooks almost useless... But cool idea!
yeah-it does hinder my hooks-but i could still get a chain around my hooks-i don't have kennyD's style of hook-i had a set of hooks like from under a pickup to pull it out :dunno:i can't think of the proper name for them-other than a tow hook. didn't even know about all this stuff-when i bolted them on-back then-so i've been kindw slow getting replacements for on the bucket, these wok ok for now. aw-yeah-remember i said i took my guard off for the wintertime. but i've thought a screen would really be nice to have, so nothing can fall back off the top

1 - 12 of 12 Posts