Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When putting the bucket back on, the left side I could get the pin in but the right side the nipple (not sure proper term) wouldn’t go through the hole so I could pin it. I had to hit the bucket with a sledge a few times so it would slide in. Same side won’t go into L n Go either. Hope this makes sense. Worried something is bent. Any suggestions?

· Premium Member
1,384 Posts
I'd look for any burrs in the openings on both sides and file them down smooth if they are there. Then I'd grease the openings and the pins and see how it works.

Keane

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd look for any burrs in the openings on both sides and file them down smooth if they are there. Then I'd grease the openings and the pins and see how it works.

Keane
Thanks, I will check that out in the morning. Hopefully that’s all it is

· Registered
27 Posts
When you say right nipple not going through, are you saying misaligned or just not making contact?

If no contact, maybe one of the cylinders on the loader arms is off on its timing with the other due to a faulty cylinder or maybe a leak. Check your hydraulic oil level while you are at it.

Without any attachments on the loader arms, fully tilt forward and fully back. Exercise it’s full range of motion. See if they move in sync. Increase RPMs, it may help increase flow to the hydraulic pump.

Hopefully my suggestion above makes sense.

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you say right nipple not going through, are you saying misaligned or just not making contact?

If no contact, maybe one of the cylinders on the loader arms is off on its timing with the other due to a faulty cylinder or maybe a leak. Check your hydraulic oil level while you are at it.

Without any attachments on the loader arms, fully tilt forward and fully back. Exercise it’s full range of motion. See if they move in sync. Increase RPMs, it may help increase flow to the hydraulic pump.

Hopefully my suggestion above makes sense.
It’s misaligned enough to need hit from the front of the loader for it to slide in. Hydraulic oil is good, maybe timing is off. I’ll look up how to fix that and see. Thanks for your reply

Reactions: driveshaft

· Premium Member
21,284 Posts
Just wondering have you checked to see if any dirt might be in the top part of the loop where bucket slides down on to the fel, or it dirt is on that part of the fel.
Either way check than , maybe spray some fluid film, or WD40 .
Also do as the others have suggested.

· Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
15,203 Posts
Can you post a few pictures of the problem so we can see exactly what is going on?

What did you have on the FEL when the bucket was removed or how were you using the FEL with the bucket removed? While the timing being off is common, all that is required is positioning the one side on the bucket and then allowing the other side to flatten against the bucket with the movement of the SCV.....

Sounds like there is something else going on. I take the bucket on and off and switch back and forth with the pallet forks at least a dozen times each week and never had anything like this............

I wonder if he has broken the timing rod itself?.............Photos of what is happening would help...........

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will get pics ASAP to show. I’ve checked everything everyone has said to no avail

· Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
15,203 Posts
I will get pics ASAP to show. I’ve checked everything everyone has said to no avail
Also, did you do anything unusual or different with the tractor recently?

Do you use other front mounted implements like pallet forks on the FEL? Were you pushing on anything without the bucket on or were you using the FEL to lift something heavy, perhaps on just one side of the FEL holders.?

When you say "It won't go through the hole", do you mean;
  • its not aligned with the hole or
  • that the hole on the upright won't reach the nipple and you forced it by pounding on the bucket?
The items shown as number 1 and 2 are the "Holders" as Deere calls them, where the bucket mounts. In this illustration, you are seeing the front side the holders, as they would fit up against the bucket or other FEL mounted implement with the Deere style mount. Item number 3 is the timing rod, which keeps the two holders in a similar position.

There is enough of a variance for the two holders to not be in the exact same position because of the movement of the cylinders. If the timing rod is broken, which is reported as happening occasionally, then the two holders will be in very different positions. Even when that is the case, you can usually get up against the bucket and get one side holder positioned on the bucket or forks and then by putting the other holder in place and adjusting the SCV, the holder should pivot into position where the pins will seat through the holders and then you can attach the item.

If you have to pound on the holder to get it to accept the pins, you are working against the FEL cylinders to change the position of the holders. That's not good............Pictures from a few different angles sure will be helpful.............. Looking forward to seeing them............

Font Music Parallel Rectangle String instrument

· Registered
3039R
253 Posts
Although I have a different machine from the OP, I have a similar problem. Every time I reattach the bucket on my 320R loader, one of the pins fits right into place, but it always takes work to get the other one to do so. I usually have to bang on the side of the bucket or just “bounce” the bucket a few times to get the 2nd pin to fit into the mounting hole.

Of interest is that my EA Wicked grapple and my Titan 😱 pallet fork attachment both go on easily without this problem, so I’m inclined to think that the spacing of the pin holes on my Deere bucket is slightly out of spec. Annoying, but not so much that I’ve needed to work on trying to fix it yet.

· Registered
825 Posts
I had a similar issue a while ago. I went to attached the bucket and the right pin wouldn't go in the hole. I would drop the bucket and try again and that usually would do the trick. But one time I banged the bucket on the ground by accident when trying to get the pin to align and since then I haven't had that issue. LnGO and bucket attaches right away. oddly enough I haven't had that issue attaching my forks.

· Registered
2020 1025R
1,667 Posts
It happens. Give the bucket a kick… it will go in. No big deal.
It's either that or have at it with an angle grinder. It's a fuzzy line between "you bent something" and "tolerances just aren't that tight". :)

Unless there was an obvious problem with bent/broken gear, I'd be inclined to take an angle grinder to the pin, ensure fit, clean up, paint it obligatory green, and then move on with life.

Best,

· Registered
825 Posts
So there's a "shear" pin that keeps the two sides of the loader arms in time. Sometimes that can get sheared or bent a little and cause this. Sometimes they aren't perfectly in time. I had this same problem when I first got my tractor. Take it off and try putting it on a handful of times and put a little pressure down on the loader arm while trying to put it on once or twice. That should do the trick.

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes, I’ve tried that too. Doesn’t budge. I’ll try to mess with the timing. The angle grinder idea may have to be used eventually I guess.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.