Green Tractor Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a Buford Bucket Loader for my X585. I've tried to e-mail Pete several times and have gotten no response. Anyone know if he is still making them or does anyone have a used one for sale, would also be interested in a model 45, but they seem hard to find now that John Deere no longer makes them. I've also looked at the Little Buck loader but I live on a hill and don't like how far it sticks out in front of the tractor. It looks like it would need a lot more ballast to keep the rear end down. I'm no expert so maybe someone who has one can let me know how it works.
Thanks, Bob

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
We have a member named Sergeant who knows a lot about this. Maybe he will be along soon.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm looking for a Buford Bucket Loader for my X585. I've tried to e-mail Pete several times and have gotten no response. Anyone know if he is still making them or does anyone have a used one for sale, would also be interested in a model 45, but they seem hard to find now that John Deere no longer makes them. I've also looked at the Little Buck loader but I live on a hill and don't like how far it sticks out in front of the tractor. It looks like it would need a lot more ballast to keep the rear end down. I'm no expert so maybe someone who has one can let me know how it works.
Thanks, Bob
If you only need to load and transport material...and not lift it high to dump...you might want to look into a Johnny Bucket: www.johnnyproducts.com/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've looked at those also,and the bucket for plow that John Deere makes, but I do need it to lift and dump. I'm planning on using it for loads of fill, landscaping, and gravel in my driveway. I don't need a ton of lift but want to be able to dump and back drag with it.
thanks for the suggestion, all ideas welcome

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just received an e-mail from Pete Lisky, maker of the Buford Bucket, that due to age and health he is not producing the Buford loaders at this time. I so appreciate him taking the time to e-mail me and best wishes to him and his family.

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Well here a few More Ideas for Your X585 since Pete's(Haven't Talked to Pete since Last year) Not Making his Bucket and John Scheele from Johnny Products lost his Hydraulic cylinder supplier and is no Longer Making Johnny Bucket Sr either

The CTC Loader CTC Model X4750 - Front End Loader

The Little Buck company You Have two choices

Little Buck Little Buck Loader
Little Bull Little Bull Loader
The Only Issues I have with the Little Buck & Bull Is there Hoses Management is Not very good But they Have great customer service 3 friends of Mine two Local Have the Little Buck we Changed the fitting they Provide to angle fitting similar to what Deere Provides for the quick Hitch and added a Lot of zip strips to the Hoses On the Little Bucks and they Haven't had a issue with anything else On there Little Bucks on there 318 & 455 My other Friend Best to see his review and thread here at MTF Little Buck Loader has arrived in PA!

The Thing I will say for Little Buck is! If you have a issue they go out of there way to make it right it a Family Business out of Sycamore, IL

CTC Loader Maybe it gotten Better in recent Years!

But they use to have the worst customer service My friend with a JD 318 Had a CTC Loader(now Has a Little Buck) That was a Nightmare to deal with getting it returned & refunded in full do to There poor design of that loader it would not fit the 318 his quality control use to be pretty bad! when 3 People Can't get it On and One is JD small engine Mechanic Not Me a Mutual friend There is something wrong with the design and they way he treated My friend & Myself on the Phone Basically insinuating that we were all Idiots and his design wasn't the Issue. So I say if Your going to Deal with CTC Just be careful of the Owner if You Have a Issue

CTC's former PTO Pump loader were really bad they used 1 set screw to Hold a Pulley on the Pump when the Industry norm was a Minimum of 3 set screw By companies such as Kwik-way & the Deere OEM 44 loader. The Original owner of Kwik-way(before it was sold to Hitch A doc) helped many CTC Owners when It was Iron Man fabricators(same Owner) to fix there PTO Pump because the CTC /IMF owner would not On those tractors he went to one that runs off the 318 thru 430 on board Hydraulic system which is Barely able to run the Loaders as the system was never designed for that.

But really they are the Only choice for a Conventional Loader for the X475 thru X758!

Issues that I have Heard of with the CTC Loader for the X400 thru X700 is some Have Had to drill out the OEM holes On the front of there Tractor frame to accommodate the loader frame mounting pins other then that I haven't heard of Many issue on there 4750 loader!

But for your X585 more than likely you will not have a issue with the CTC 4750 loader (y)

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
BTW Have run a a Deere 45 Loader On a X485 from 2003 till 2014 & X748 since 2014 till present. For mulch work 6 suitcase weights is Usually a enough for a conventional loader for Dirt Gravel and sand You could Probably get away with 72Lb wheel weights and a Heavy Hitch Click n go 8 suitcase weight bracket Deere also Makes a click N Go Ballast box if You don't have a 3point on the X585 the same would go for a Little Buck or Little Bull the Little Buck/Bull cannot lift as High as a conventional Garden tractor loader only 5ft 9inches so you can fill a cart and a 2WD Pick Up(y)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for the information Sergent,
I have seen a lot of talk about the CTC customer service. I would want to stay away from their loader for that reason.
I guess I'll have to keep looking. I'll look at the Little Buck loader again. Glad to here your friends are happy with them.
Thanks again for the information and support.
Bob

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jtsarby,
Looks good! How much are you asking and where are you located?
Thanks Bob

·
Registered
31 Posts
I’ve used fastenal in the past to shop larger items. I would sell it for $1,500 and the buyer pays shipping.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I’ve used fastenal in the past to shop larger items. I would sell it for $1,500 and the buyer pays shipping.
Jtarby...I sent a PM the other day and I'm not sure if you got it. Yes I'm very interested in the loader. I'm pretty sure it will bolt up to my x585, maybe someone here knows, was my main concern. Please feel free to contact me. Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well here a few More Ideas for Your X585 since Pete's(Haven't Talked to Pete since Last year) Not Making his Bucket and John Scheele from Johnny Products lost his Hydraulic cylinder supplier and is no Longer Making Johnny Bucket Sr either

The CTC Loader CTC Model X4750 - Front End Loader

The Little Buck company You Have two choices

Little Buck Little Buck Loader
Little Bull Little Bull Loader
The Only Issues I have with the Little Buck & Bull Is there Hoses Management is Not very good But they Have great customer service 3 friends of Mine two Local Have the Little Buck we Changed the fitting they Provide to angle fitting similar to what Deere Provides for the quick Hitch and added a Lot of zip strips to the Hoses On the Little Bucks and they Haven't had a issue with anything else On there Little Bucks on there 318 & 455 My other Friend Best to see his review and thread here at MTF Little Buck Loader has arrived in PA!

The Thing I will say for Little Buck is! If you have a issue they go out of there way to make it right it a Family Business out of Sycamore, IL

CTC Loader Maybe it gotten Better in recent Years!

But they use to have the worst customer service My friend with a JD 318 Had a CTC Loader(now Has a Little Buck) That was a Nightmare to deal with getting it returned & refunded in full do to There poor design of that loader it would not fit the 318 his quality control use to be pretty bad! when 3 People Can't get it On and One is JD small engine Mechanic Not Me a Mutual friend There is something wrong with the design and they way he treated My friend & Myself on the Phone Basically insinuating that we were all Idiots and his design wasn't the Issue. So I say if Your going to Deal with CTC Just be careful of the Owner if You Have a Issue

CTC's former PTO Pump loader were really bad they used 1 set screw to Hold a Pulley on the Pump when the Industry norm was a Minimum of 3 set screw By companies such as Kwik-way & the Deere OEM 44 loader. The Original owner of Kwik-way(before it was sold to Hitch A doc) helped many CTC Owners when It was Iron Man fabricators(same Owner) to fix there PTO Pump because the CTC /IMF owner would not On those tractors he went to one that runs off the 318 thru 430 on board Hydraulic system which is Barely able to run the Loaders as the system was never designed for that.

But really they are the Only choice for a Conventional Loader for the X475 thru X758!

Issues that I have Heard of with the CTC Loader for the X400 thru X700 is some Have Had to drill out the OEM holes On the front of there Tractor frame to accommodate the loader frame mounting pins other then that I haven't heard of Many issue on there 4750 loader!

But for your X585 more than likely you will not have a issue with the CTC 4750 loader (y)
thanks for the great information. I have a x758 n order and want to get a loader. Leaning toward the little buck. You mentioned friends of yours having the little buck, it looks like to attaches easily to the front frame. What is the thoughts on how it attaches and do you think the frame is strong enough to handle the loader? Apparently your friends haven’t had any issues?

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Well One Had it On a 318 he is Happy the other has It On that 455 and Neither Have had any issue with there Frame this is a Good thread over Here to ask little Buck questions Little Buck Loader has arrived in PA! Tim(PA318GUY) has had it a year Now He has a BXpanded tooth Bar on it and done several project with it since March 2020 he uses it On a JD 322 and Pretty happy with it Your X758 should handle it well (y)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Finally found the time to get this mounted. So far it seems to work great although I need to get some weights. Did a little back dragging on my driveway. Thanks Tsarby for getting it on a pallet and shipped.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.