Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

We've been working the past couple of weeks re-landscaping the west side of my house. The 1026 made the job much easier though. Here are some pictures showing the initial excavating, transporting the stones to the job site, rerouting the sprinkler lines into the new (lower) grade and filling in behind the wall as it is laid up.

Attachments

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Building A Field Stone Wall, Part II

Guys,

Here are a few more pictures to complete the area. The pictures show rough grading below the wall, re-positioning a sprinkler (in front of the tractor), an area overview (the lower wall was built a decade ago) and the completed wall.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
That came out great! When are you starting your landscaping business? :laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,512 Posts
That came out great! When are you starting your landscaping business? :laugh:
Looks like he has a full time job landscaping already.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice work.

Was stone purchased? If so, what do you pay for it in your neck of the woods?
Bubber,

Those are 12" - 24" stones and cost $129 per cubic yard. I've got just about 4 cubic yards of stone in that wall. I also used about 10 cubic yards of topsoil on this project. (That's in addition to the excavation material that we de-rooted and reused behind the wall.) Topsoil is about $19 per yard. My helper cost me $12/hour but my 1026R is PRICELESS.

·
Registered
11,926 Posts
Nice work, Larry. I'll make sure my wife doesn't see the pictures or she will have my tired old butt trying to construct something like your wall.

Don

·
Registered
440 Posts
Nice work, Larry. I'll make sure my wife doesn't see the pictures or she will have my tired old butt trying to construct something like your wall.

Don
Crap. I just showed my wife the picture with the lake in the background. When am I gonna learn? Nice work and nice looking property Larry!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts