Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a week or so of looking into some snow equipment and not really finding what I needed in my locale I decided to build a custom width snowpush. My pipe trailer is about 83 inches wide between the rails so I am building this snowpush 80 inches overall width. This will be to use with my 110tlb so it will by necessity be skidsteer quick attach.

Hoping to save some money on this.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
733 Posts
I've built a couple...
Heres pics of a 60" I built....good source for cheap pre-curved curved steel is the dump....I used an old oil tank for this blade....bottoms usually rust but the top side is like new.

I was thinking, you could make a "reverse Vee" blade....dunno how it would work but it would be worth a try?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Nice looking blade Dave. I gather the Bobcat splat is a 'Kill' score like they put on fighter planes and bombers.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Steve,

Here are the pictures and specs you asked for in the other thread. If I can further explain any of this, call me. It would be easier!

To start:
The blade and sides are 30" tall.
The blade is fully boxed and is 5 1/4" thick at the top.
From tha back of the blade, the wings are 31" long
Each wing is boxed and 3 1/4" thick

The front of the wing has a single sheet of 3/8" that cuts for 2 1/2" then it makes an angle out to 3 1/4" thick. 8" from the front it makes it to full thickness.

The shoe is 3 1/2" thick and the excess sticks out on the outside. 1/2" metal used here
The curved blade is made up of 3 plates each 10 1/2"

The rubber is 1" thick and 8" wide for the blade
Mine is 86" wide outsed to outside.

Clear as mud?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Most everything is made of 1/4" sheet, but there is some bracing and stuff around the bottom made of 7/16". Most of that is small pieces.

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brian and Dave,
Those are some great pics of your plow and push. I think this will aid me in building a snow push without question.

This level of help is what will make this site a success. Thanks to both of you.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Nice looking blade Dave. I gather the Bobcat splat is a 'Kill' score like they put on fighter planes and bombers.
Actually no...my blade is this 7.5' Fisher I did up. Fisher uses this "splat" as their logo, so I did my own little twist to it...
The Black Bobcat blade I made for my bro who has a Bobcat...

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts