Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,136 Posts
Looks like a nice one toyrider. Keep us up to date.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Looking good. Are you going to have a roll up door from the building to the lean-to? Just curious about the opening in the wall on Pic 1. This is making me regret my decision to put my building on hold. :cray:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Going to have a 7'6" door open under the lean too. We also decided to put a 1/2 bathroom in as well. The garage will be heated with infloor radiant heat topped with 5" of concrete

Looking good. Are you going to have a roll up door from the building to the lean-to? Just curious about the opening in the wall on Pic 1. This is making me regret my decision to put my building on hold. :cray:

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
Very nice!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,136 Posts
toyrider, Are you building the building yourself? I like the extra wide splash at the bottom.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, however mostly friends who are doing the work. A lot of good ideas (hopefully) will be reflected in the final building.

toyrider, Are you building the building yourself? I like the extra wide splash at the bottom.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,136 Posts
Really coming together nicely.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,136 Posts
Thank you, it's been busy here with another week of the same
No, thank you for the pictures and time posting. As always, it's like we are all helping.
We ALL learn new things all the time by posts submitted on the forum. Some just don't like to admit it, but that is ok too.

·
Administrator
20,368 Posts
It's going up pretty fast. Are you using a local contractor or did you buy from one of those large steel building companies? I'm really interested in this kind of feedback. I'd like to build a shop in a few years myself.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,136 Posts
It's going up pretty fast. Are you using a local contractor or did you buy from one of those large steel building companies? I'm really interested in this kind of feedback. I'd like to build a shop in a few years myself.
Have a party, I'd come down to help.:good2:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,136 Posts
Did diesel say that he needed a supervisor? :lol:
dieselshadow
It's going up pretty fast. Are you using a local contractor or did you buy from one of those large steel building companies? I'm really interested in this kind of feedback. I'd like to build a shop in a few years myself but I need a supervisor.
You have to read between the lines DRobinson. I guess that's what makes me a good supervisor.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Locally we have some amish that specializes in building these type of buildings. Matter of fact, the place that supplied all the materials is run by the amish. They waste no time that is for sure.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Y'all are rockin right along with it!

I've never built a shop, so I have a question. Why not grade and pour the floor first? I'm guessing it has something to do with setting the support posts, but couldn't they be anchored to the slab?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts