Green Tractor Talk banner

Built my first retaining wall with alot of help from my 2025r

3K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  Mackford13 
#1 ·
Here's a couple pics of the finished project

If you're interested in the actual building process you can follow along here:

That's an album I made for a home improvement forum that I frequent.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks Gizmo...it was a ton of work jammed into 2.5 days but without the tractor I'd probably only be about halfway done at this point.

#6 ·
Looks good ,,, (y) (y)

Reactions: driveshaft
#7 ·
Looks real nice

Reactions: driveshaft
#9 ·
I went with Crestline straight faced blocks from Menards in a "Quarry Grey". I was trying to match all the old stonework around the property so I didn't want the new wall to look "too new". I needed a stone that looks like it's been there for awhile and those blocks really fit the bill. They're very imperfect so they look like they have some age on them and they blend in with the property pretty nicely. Next project is to paint the house and then I'll put a patio in behind the new wall and finish it off with slab steps on the left and right ends of the wall.

#10 ·
I'll put a patio in behind the new wall and finish it off with slab steps on the left and right ends of the wall.
I went 5000 lb concrete, blue stone and cobble stone
Stairs Plant Wood Wall Plastic bottle

Plant Flower Green Leaf Outdoor furniture

#15 ·
I used a rubber mallet for my job and was told after the fact that those dead blows are much better for setting your 1st row of block. I'll definitely use one of those next time.

#14 ·
Very Very Nice

rob

#22 ·
Nicely Done, Alanaka24.................The walls and landscape stone work is a lot of work, but it sure looks nice when done.

#24 ·
Looks good (y)

#25 ·
Very nicely done. Looks beautiful.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.