Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built myself a fork carriage. Used scrap from other projects. I did purchase the rails from Titan because I didn't have any 1/2" scrap at the time but was not impressed and will probably just cut my own for the next set. The top hooks are JD parts but I'll make those next time as well. IMG_20180302_162146.jpg IMG_20180302_162155.jpg IMG_20180302_162959.jpg IMG_20180302_163008.jpg

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
Those look really nice! Fab work is awesome! :good2:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Nice job! I've been looking at projects and trying to decide whether to attempt something like this or buy new. New isn't cheap, but neither is buying steel. I do like getting the satisfaction of making something myself.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's always more fun to build myself, and then I get exactly what I want. It all comes down to time vs money though, problem is right now i don't have much of either.

I have my own 96"x120" cnc table, which makes things a lot easier. This also gives me lots of "scrap" (it's really called a "drop" if it's usable size) left over from other jobs.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Nice job, it must be wonderful to have a CNC plasma cutting table. Being retired on a fixed income and most of all MARRIED makes it impossible to justify the cost of buying.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm working on the same project. What didn't you like about the Titan carriage plates . Almost ordered them today but decided to hold out for a few days.

·
Premium Member
7,507 Posts
I'm working on the same project. What didn't you like about the Titan carriage plates . Almost ordered them today but decided to hold out for a few days.
Same question, I'd like forks for my 640 loader. I was thinking adapt something from a fork lift, but it seems the carriage is the second thing to go after the forks. :flag_of_truce:

Are/should the carriage plates be hardened steel?

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
They look great. The plasma cutter sure makes for a clean look.:good2:

·
Registered
170 Posts
What thickness metal did you use on the top loader quick hitch hooks?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts