Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having never done one before it still worked out OK. The dump bed I had some bends made in the 3/16" steel at a metal shop they had the big brakes to do it with. I had a blast designing the beds pivot mounts and setting up the hydraulic cylinder to lift it with. This was on my 1948 Power Wagon 6x6 I restored/built and did all the work on. Might build something nice for the tractor this year if I still feel good and my health lets me do it. I had to build this thru the winter months and it just meant wearing more cloths! 6x6pw.jpg Can't believe how many holes I had to drill by hand to bolt it together. I wanted to be able to repair it if it got damaged. The Tail Gate was fun too make! DSCF2913.jpg DSCF3604.jpg I dressed it up with a little Modern Bling so it would not be called a Jeep! Another picture looking down into the frame and 2 rear axles. Nothing was easy doing this but in the end it was worth it I sold it to get my JD4044M Tractor! I learned a lot doing this project. One thing is not to let a big project scare you, jump right in and never quit till it gets done. Took 1 1/2 years to complete. DSCF3315.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Man that is nice! I sure would like to have one.
I sold it in 30 mins of posting it on line to a guy in California. He had a transport at my home in 2 days! My last drive in it was going up that steep DSCF3642.jpg ramp in low range to load it. Here is a link to pictures of the total build all 500 plus of them in a album.https://ImageEvent.com/willy/1948powerwagon6x6

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Having never done one before it still worked out OK. The dump bed I had some bends made in the 3/16" steel at a metal shop they had the big brakes to do it with. I had a blast designing the beds pivot mounts and setting up the hydraulic cylinder to lift it with. This was on my 1948 Power Wagon 6x6 I restored/built and did all the work on. Might build something nice for the tractor this year if I still feel good and my health lets me do it. I had to build this thru the winter months and it just meant wearing more cloths! View attachment 556185 Can't believe how many holes I had to drill by hand to bolt it together. I wanted to be able to repair it if it got damaged. The Tail Gate was fun too make! View attachment 556209 View attachment 556217 I dressed it up with a little Modern Bling so it would not be called a Jeep! Another picture looking down into the frame and 2 rear axles. Nothing was easy doing this but in the end it was worth it I sold it to get my JD4044M Tractor! I learned a lot doing this project. One thing is not to let a big project scare you, jump right in and never quit till it gets done. Took 1 1/2 years to complete. View attachment 556233

Looks great.. :bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I wish you could have kept that Power Wagon! :good2:
Nicely done. Looks factory.
I would have a hard time selling it for a tractor.

·
Registered
837 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts