Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor just have me his old 5' bush hog that he has no use for anymore. I understand it is probably too much for my 1026R but was wondering if I could swap out the 5' blades for 4' ones? This may sound silly but I got the unit for free. Any thoughts as to why I would not want to do this?

·
Administrator
20,906 Posts
There are several 102x owners saying that they run a 5' with no problems. Depending on what you're mowing (tall grass and light brush), you might be OK. IMHO, give it a shot, but go slow.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, it is a light duty model, thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Mine handles the 4' mower with no problem when it comes to power. Now the weight would be the only thing that might cause issues. Just make sure you have some good weight on the front and you should be fine. What are you mowing?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I usually leave the loader on for ballast anyway. I would be mowing tall (3ft) field grass.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Well if anything you'll just have to leave one tire in the mowed area if ends up being too much. My area was on a hill and had lots of trees so I was in low all the time so I couldn't say much for what kind of ground speed you'll be able to pull. It's hard to be mad at a free working Bush Hog. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts