Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the IMatch yesterday without any problems.

The IMatch came with two bushings. I assumed (right or wrong?) that the bushings are for the two bottom pins on my JD ballast box.

I tried to put them on the ballast box but they jammed because it is too tight.

Question #1: Am I wrong to assume that the bushings that came with the IMatch are not for the two bottom pins on the JD ballast box?

Question #2: If they are for the ballast box then I guess I will have to grind the paint off of the ballast box pins so that slide on?

Question #3: Do I need bushings for each implement as I do not see taking them off and on?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response.

The bushings they gave me do not look like that.

Back to the dealer.

Much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
12,775 Posts
The IMatch came with two bushings. I assumed (right or wrong?) that the bushings are for the two bottom pins on my JD ballast box.
You are correct.

I tried to put them on the ballast box but they jammed because it is too tight.

Question #1: Am I wrong to assume that the bushings that came with the IMatch are not for the two bottom pins on the JD ballast box?
They should fit the two pins on the ballast box.

Question #2: If they are for the ballast box then I guess I will have to grind the paint off of the ballast box pins so that slide on?
That is very strange as they normally do not fit that tight. At least not tight enough that paint makes it hard to put them on. Before grinding away on your pins, you might want to pick up a different set of bushings and try them as shown by the previous poster.

Question #3: Do I need bushings for each implement as I do not see taking them off and on?
While you CAN switch them from implement to implement, most folks find it easier to have a set of bushings on each implement. They can be purchased on-line from several places for a lot less than what your dealer will charge. Also keep in mind that you also need bushings for the top-link connection. Which begs the question why JD only provides lower bushings with the iMatch. You need to bushing-up all three attaching points to Cat-3 size.

·
Premium Member
12,775 Posts
Thank you for your response.

The bushings they gave me do not look like that.

Back to the dealer.

Much appreciated!
What you received are the correct bushings that are supplied with the iMatch. They look like two little sections of pipe. That's all you get. They should work fine. If you want bushings that look like what the previous poster shows you have to buy them separately.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,847 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,847 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reactions: Gizmo2 and rtgt

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is very strange as they normally do not fit that tight. At least not tight enough that paint makes it hard to put them on. Before grinding away on your pins, you might want to pick up a different set of bushings and try them as shown by the previous poster.

While you CAN switch them from implement to implement, most folks find it easier to have a set of bushings on each implement. They can be purchased on-line from several places for a lot less than what your dealer will charge. Also keep in mind that you also need bushings for the top-link connection. Which begs the question why JD only provides lower bushings with the iMatch. You need to bushing-up all three attaching points to Cat-3 size.
Maybe the paint is thicker on my ballast box :laugh:

Thanks re bushing size!

Reactions: Gizmo2 and rtgt

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just bought an imatch quick hitch from the dealer. The two lower bushings were zip tided in place. However, when attempting to install the bushings on my rotary cutter, the bushing seemed too long.

I assume the latch pins that came with the implement is supposed to lock the bushing in place. But, there wasn’t enough room to put the pin through.

I tried the bushings on my box blade as well. Same issue.

I know I have to be doing something wrong

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
I had to mill a bunch off of my original bushings till I got adapters with the roll pins from Ken at bolt on hooks.

rob

·
Super Moderator
2,462 Posts
Exactly as Rob mentions. Cut the bushing down so the pin will fit. Or get the style with the mushroom head and drive-in roll pin.

Reactions: Sonarcreature

·
Registered
6 Posts
Exactly as Rob mentions. Cut the bushing down so the pin will fit. Or get the style with the mushroom head and drive-in roll pin.
Seems crazy to me that the JD imatch bushings would have to be modified for a frontier attachment. But it is what it is.

Thank you both for your replies. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Just bought an imatch quick hitch from the dealer. The two lower bushings were zip tided in place. However, when attempting to install the bushings on my rotary cutter, the bushing seemed too long.

I assume the latch pins that came with the implement is supposed to lock the bushing in place. But, there wasn’t enough room to put the pin through.

I tried the bushings on my box blade as well. Same issue.

I know I have to be doing something wrong
The bushings that come with the iMatch are Cat 1 -> Cat 3, meaning that their ID is 7/8 inches (diameter of Cat 1 pins) and the OD is 1 7/16 (diameter of the iMatch bottom lift hooks). You slip them over the lower pins and hope they stay on. What you actually need is the mushroom head bushings with the roll pins, which you drive in to more-or-less permanently mount. You need a set on each 3-point attachment. Don't forget the two bushings for the top link to take you from Cat 1 to Cat 3. Ken/BOH sells the whole set you need for about $30. I haven't seen where the two bushings that came with the iMatch are of any practical use at all.

·
Administrator
18,331 Posts
I haven't seen where the two bushings that came with the iMatch are of any practical use at all.
For an open pin setup, I agree, no use, the stepped or mushroom style are preferred.

These are good for "clevis" style attachments where the pin is captured on both sides like this:

I'm working on adding these to the website this morning in fact...

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,847 Posts
Seems crazy to me that the JD imatch bushings would have to be modified for a frontier attachment. But it is what it is.
You could go with an adjustable lift pin...
1589715136986.png

·
Super Moderator
2,462 Posts
For an open pin setup, I agree, no use, the stepped or mushroom style are preferred.

These are good for "clevis" style attachments where the pin is captured on both sides like this:

View attachment 739205

I'm working on adding these to the website this morning in fact...
They're also good for a draw bar sold at many farm stores.

Reactions: rtgt and Kennyd

·
Administrator
18,331 Posts
They're also good for a draw bar sold at many farm stores.
I'd still prefer the mushroom style since they are pinned on, those lynch pins can get knocked off sometimes.

·
Premium Member
9,813 Posts
I'd still prefer the mushroom style since they are pinned on, those lynch pins can get knocked off sometimes.
I am waiting for the twist lock lynch pin......... since a lynch pin is what also holds the QH attached to the lift arms.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
If you cut the bushings down it is some pretty tough steel.
rob

Reactions: Gizmo2 and Toughsox
1 - 20 of 20 Posts