Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I purchased a John Deere iMatch for my John Deere 4310. A purchase long over due for my 4310.

I intended to use the iMatch to make it easier to hook up to my Frontier Blade RB1072 and Frontier Rake LR2084. Hook ups went fine, no problems with connecting my 4310 w/iMatch to either the Rake or Blade.

I received four bushings to install onto my Blade and Rake Pins. The bushings I was told would allow for a better fit between my iMatch and any attached implements.

The Draw Pin (part # 5WS590108) for my Rake and the Mounting Pin (part # 5WP33661) for my Blade are both 5 ½" long from end to end.

So I slide my bushings on the Draw Pins of my Rake and then tried to insert the Lynch Pins to lock the bushings in place, BUT the Lynch Pins would not go all the way through the holes so I could lock the ring down. I guess the easiest way to solve this problem is to buy a slightly longer Draw/Mounting Pin . . . did I write "easiest"?

Is there a correct replacement Draw Pin and/or Mounting Pin I could purchase . . . maybe a bit longer than the ones currently installed on my Rake and Blade? Any one have a part #? Any one run into the same problem?

Thanks,

FredSG

·
Registered
151 Posts
I couldn't find a picture of the bushing you described, but my Imatch bushings used roll pins not lynch pins. Maybe I'm missing something by not being able to see the bushings you have but I was under the impression all of the bushings used roll pins.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the Draw Pin and lynch Pin as it was originally installed on my Frontier Blade and Rake:

This is the same Draw Pin WITH the Bushing slipped on, but the lynch pin doesn’t fit through the hole (even tried drilling the hole larger):

FredSG

·
Administrator
17,561 Posts
You want the style Stan showed above for an open ended pin like you have. The sleeve style is for a "clevis" style attachment like this

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
This is the Draw Pin and lynch Pin as it was originally installed on my Frontier Blade and Rake:

This is the same Draw Pin WITH the Bushing slipped on, but the lynch pin doesn’t fit through the hole (even tried drilling the hole larger):

FredSG
So the bushing you have there is designed for implements that have metal on both sides of the main pins. For single sided pins like you pictured you need the bushing kit that was pictured above.

2017 2038r, 220r loader, 72" MMM, 66" EA Box blade, Woodmax FM-62 flail mower, Artillian forks, JD KBL 6' 1950s discs, subsoiler

·
Premium Member
11,420 Posts
So the bushing you have there is designed for implements that have metal on both sides of the main pins. For single sided pins like you pictured you need the bushing kit that was pictured above.

2017 2038r, 220r loader, 72" MMM, 66" EA Box blade, Woodmax FM-62 flail mower, Artillian forks, JD KBL 6' 1950s discs, subsoiler
There is no problem using the pipe-style bushings that you are showing. In fact they are what ships with the iMatch. All you need to do is grind off a bit of the bushing until the lynch pin slips in.

The mushroom-style bushings work too but it isn't necessary to use that style. Many users simply buy a section of the proper size of sched 40/80 pipe and cut it into sections to make their own bushings.

·
Premium Member
12,922 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A big thank you to those GTT members who responded to my OP for help. I "got it done" and the right way as many of you suggested.

Frontier Rake on my 4052R

Frontier Rear Blade on my 4310

Thanks again for your help!

FredSG

·
Registered
152 Posts
I shortened my bushings by milling them off.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Wish I would have seen a thread like this a year ago when I was scratching my head about what to do with sleeves, pins, bushings etc.

Thanks for publishing as it will help others as well as the OP! :thumbup1gif:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts