·
Registered
2,308 Posts
You can't straighten that?

Reactions: Ranger521

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Ohh lord.......I hope your still in warentee phaze......thats gonna hurt.

1 of many..iirc..there may be a recall ..data sheet thing on that.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Hard to look at….

Reactions: tj1 and Ranger521

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
someone else posted a similar thing just the other day... it looked exactly like that.

ouch! agree, thats hard to look at.

Reactions: Gizmo2 and SRG

·
Registered
546 Posts
Chiwanesium......................low bidder, LOL. I would source a new cylinder from somewhere besides JD. Probably be the same part but 1/10 the price so when it happens again it will hurt less

A man has to know his limitations.....................Eastwood

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chiwanesium......................low bidder, LOL. I would source a new cylinder from somewhere besides JD. Probably be the same part but 1/10 the price so when it happens again it will hurt less

A man has to know his limitations.....................Eastwood
I have a good hydraulic repair shop locally. He's going to replace the rod with a stronger one. Or if he can, a rod that has a slightly larger diameter.

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
stump bucket and good bucket are best. Plus, they don't bend

Plant Grass Tree Wood Groundcover

Plant Green Motor vehicle Yellow Agricultural machinery

Stump buckets are best.

Plant Grass Grass family Rectangle Outdoor furniture

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
If the cylinder rod didn't/doesn't bend, I wonder what part would end up being the weak link?
Might could be a good idea to have a rod that is weaker than the other parts in the system?

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
someone else posted a similar thing just the other day... it looked exactly like that.

ouch! agree, thats hard to look at.
I believe it was a short while back. I may have even replied to that one too. Was pretty much the same scenario, but I believe it was a different hoe.

Reactions: ridesdirt

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,343 Posts
There has been more than a few here on GTT. First one I've seen on a 485A.

Reactions: SRG and ridesdirt

·
Super Moderator
10,263 Posts
These bent bucket cylinders Seem to be a recent epidemic around here. This is the 3rd. or 4th. 485A and we’ve seen a few 46’s, 270’s and I believe a 375A as well.

Makes me a little nervous with the new 485A on the 4066R.

Worked the ever loving daylights out of my last 485 Backhoe on the previous 3 series. Dug some massive stumps and buried some rocks as large as the tractor………..different bucket cylinder though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: rtgt and Gizmo2

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
It’s been a few years back but Kubota had a similar problem on one of there backhoes. They were not bending near that bad but were bending much easier, just digging a trench. One guy even had a video and he was in no way abusing the machine at the time.

·
Premium Member
13,877 Posts
These bent bucket cylinders Seem to be a recent epidemic around here.
There have been a few over the past couple years. If memory serves me right, one fella bent his twice.

Makes me a little nervous with the new 485A on the 4066R.
Made me nervous as well with my 375A.

Little green painted Deere's are not like their big yellow painted brothers, one has add on attachments, the other is a purpose built machine.
Agreed. I thing with the green version technique and finesse are a requirement.

·
Administrator
22,629 Posts
It’s been a few years back but Kubota had a similar problem on one of there backhoes. They were not bending near that bad but were bending much easier, just digging a trench. One guy even had a video and he was in no way abusing the machine at the time.
Yeah, the BH75 was a disaster for Kubota.

Reactions: Gizmo2
1 - 20 of 23 Posts