Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! I am hoping someone can help me out. I have a 2018 1025r that came equipped with the FEL. At the time of purchase, I really wanted to get a 54" MMM. However I already own a 2017 Z950 zero turn with a 72" deck, so I decided against it. I have since kicked myself several times for not having the smaller deck around too. Well, now I have an opportunity to purchase a 54D for a VERY good price. They indicate it comes with everything needed to attach to the mower. I will be driving about 4 hours to get it, so I want to make sure I do indeed get everything. From what I can see, my 1025r was not setup for a mower where I can just drive over the deck and pick it on up, so I am hoping someone can help me identify what all I need for the tractor side. Or perhaps a list? Like I said, they said it comes with everything to put onto my 1025r, but they may think all of them come ready to mount the deck. Thanks all for your help!!

Here are a few pics of the mower. It is from a 2014 1023e.

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
Just a heads up, from looking at that pic. That deck has "auto connect" written on it, but it's not. It's a manual connect. Auto connect has the drive shaft on the tractor instead of on the deck it's self. I don't know if it can be modified or not. Others know more about that than I do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a heads up, from looking at that pic. That deck has "auto connect" written on it, but it's not. It's a manual connect. Auto connect has the drive shaft on the tractor instead of on the deck it's self. I don't know if it can be modified or not. Others know more about that than I do.
From what I understand the auto-connect is one part the ability to drive over the deck and it auto connects, and the second part being the PTO auto connecting. These can happen separately (manual pto connect vs auto pto connect) and still call the deck an auto connect deck. I don't mind hooking the PTO up manually.

If I am wrong though, someone please let me know if this wont work before I make the trip and spend the money. Thanks again!

·
Registered
308 Posts
You would at least need this part to lock in and lift the deck. This is for the manual Rear PTO deck lift option. Not the electric of hydraulic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
That is not correct. Auto connect is just the mower deck. Auto connect PTO was an added option.

You will need lift parts for your tractor.

Here is a link to John Deere Parts. I hope it works.

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/navigation/equipment/61723/level/2/snp/MjAzMjU6Q0hBUFRFUlsxMDYxOiNCVVNJTkVTU19SRUdJT04sMTY4OTojQ0FUQUxPRyw2MTcyMzpFUVVJUE1FTlRd

·
Registered
772 Posts
From what I understand the auto-connect is one part the ability to drive over the deck and it auto connects, and the second part being the PTO auto connecting. These can happen separately (manual pto connect vs auto pto connect) and still call the deck an auto connect deck. I don't mind hooking the PTO up manually.

If I am wrong though, someone please let me know if this wont work before I make the trip and spend the money. Thanks again!
With the deck shown, after you drive over, you would have to reach under the tractor and connect the shaft to the mid pto. With auto connect it's done all in one motion. The hardware underneath the tractor will be different. Here is a video you can take a look at with a full auto connect deck.

John Deere 1025r 54 inch auto connect deck removal and install - YouTube

·
Registered
308 Posts
And im guessing the gear box shafts are not different for the different types of drive shaft connect and lift options. May want to check with a dealer on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
772 Posts
That is not correct. Auto connect is just the mower deck. Auto connect PTO was an added option.
Ok, I guess my definition of auto connect is different. To me auto connect does the whole works for you without manually connecting the drive shaft.

·
Super Moderator
2,434 Posts
I'm at work so I can't go into a lot of detail at the moment.

The lifts are the same whether manual, hydraulic, or independent, or whether manual pto or autoconnect pto.

The gearbox is the same, except the autoconnect requires a stub added to the input shaft of the gearbox.

I have a 60D so I'm not as familiar with the 54D but if it came off a 1023 it should fit.

You also need the front draft arm brackets, I didn't see those in the pictures.

Look in the for sale section here at GGT. Martincom has lift parts for sale....you can see pictures of what you need versus what you'll get.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Super Moderator
2,434 Posts
PS The rockshaft lift arm, the one that transverses from side to side, may already be on your tractor. I heard the 2018's were coming with them factory-installed.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm at work so I can't go into a lot of detail at the moment.

The lifts are the same whether manual, hydraulic, or independent, or whether manual pto or autoconnect pto.

The gearbox is the same, except the autoconnect requires a stub added to the input shaft of the gearbox.

I have a 60D so I'm not as familiar with the 54D but if it came off a 1023 it should fit.

You also need the front draft arm brackets, I didn't see those in the pictures.

Look in the for sale section here at GGT. Martincom has lift parts for sale....you can see pictures of what you need versus what you'll get.
Thanks for the info. He unfortunately just sold the kit or I would have bought it. I will check to make sure my 1025r has the rocker as soon as I get home.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So it looks like it does not come with the tractor side parts. Are these parts listed here below the ones I need to install this deck to my 1025r?

John Deere Mid Mount Mower Lift Arm Kit - BLV10736

John Deere Mid Mount Mower Lift Shaft Kit - BLV10737

And possibly this part unless my 2018 1025r already has it?

John Deere Mower Deck Mechanical Linkage Kit - BLV10738
OK, I went ahead and ran home to check my 1025 out. I do in fact have the Mid Mount Lift Shaft Kit BLV10737, but I do not see that I have the Mechanical Linkage Kit BLV10738. Would this part be pretty obvious to spot? Or maybe mine is a early 2018 before they added them on?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Ok, I found the linkage kit arms now too. I didn't realize they would go towards the rear, I was looking at the front. Ok, so it looks like all I will need is the lift arm carriage for $288 so after these I will be at $1000 total. Is $1000 a good price for a like new 54d? They said it only has about 12 cuts on it and its looks do reflect this. At least from the pics I have seen.

·
Super Moderator
2,434 Posts
BLV10737 was the linkage I thought was factory installed now, but I didn't think BLV10738 was. Yes, it's would be obvious when you know what and where to look.

First, yes I think $1000 for the 54D is a good price (others may disagree....dunno). A couple months ago I seen a 60D with ALL the necessities on a dealer website selling for $2800. It had to be sold as used as it was on a customers tractor and they used it twice. Recently here on GTT there was a thread about buying/selling a 54 or 60 for about $1500-2000, I think. I don't recall all the details though, and whether the lift and such was included. I don't know what a dealer sells a 54 deck only for but I believe it's over $2000.

Below are some pictures that should help visualize what you need and where it goes (and others who see this thread). My suggestion, don't order/buy anything until you see the deck. You might get lucky in that they are including all the necessities, with maybe the exception of the grill guard bolts & nuts.

You need BLV10736, (as you found out) which also has the front draft brackets. Those mount on the outside of the frame in the front. The front 2 mounting holes go between the frame and the grill guard. Do one side at a time and you won't have to wrestle with the grill guard. The side you're not doing will hold it.

As far as BLV10738, the rockshaft mechanical linkage kit, it's your choice which to get, but you need something. The mower lift shaft, BLV10737 which is on your tractor, has to be controlled by something. The mechanical linkage type uses the rockshaft lever, which also controls the 3 point hitch, and they are not separateable. When the deck goes up and down, so does the 3 point. Many people don't mind, but if you have something on the 3 point, like a power bagger, it'll move also, which isn't something you typically want to do.

Option 2 is the hydraulic lift. It uses a hydraulic cylinder attached to the mower lift shaft (BLV10737) and is controlled by the SCV joystick. The downside is it uses one of the quick connect ports for the loader, so if you also have the loader attached, you lose one of the functions of the loader, usually the curl function. Many, like myself, don't mow with the loader on so it's not a problem. This is the system I have.

Option 3 is the independent lift. This also uses a hydraulic cylinder but is controlled by a switch on the dash, and you don't lose the use of the loader quick disconnect. Some have mounted the switch on the right side of the dash instead of the factory recommended left hand side. It's hard to turn the height adjustment knob and press the switch at the same time if they are both on the left side. The downfall of this system is the mower deck only stays raised while you're holding the switch. Once you let go, the deck drops and stops on the height adjustment cam wherever that is set at.

If you're ok with using the manual connect PTO shaft, you can always convert to the autoconnect shaft later. The lift parts you'll have on the tractor will work. You just add the autoconnect shaft setup and add a stub on the gearbox input shaft.

Here's pictures of the mechanic linkage BLV10738 and how it goes together.

Mechanical lift linkage 1.png

Mechanical lift linkage 2.png

BLV10738.png

Here's a picture of the BLV10737 lift and front brackets and how they relate to the deck.

BLV10736 (2) & Frt Draft Brkts.png

Also, here's a link to JD Parts that you can sign up in. When you do and select your dealer, you can see prices and that dealers stock availability.

JDParts: Homepage

1 - 15 of 15 Posts