Green Tractor Talk banner

Buying land and building! Need attachments

1838 Views 28 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  SycoCell
Finally, I can justify having a Scut. My 1025r hasn’t been sweated yet. That being said, we are buying 4 acres of farm flat land and building our dream house. What attachments do I need and want! I already know a 260B because of all my landscaping needs.

I am thinking a post hole attachment for the needed fence. That being said, how do these tractors do handling it? It’s clay but no roots or rocks.

Debating if my 60D is sufficient or if a bush hog is waned for the larger open field mows until I really have it landscaped.

Go! Budget isn’t unlimited but it’s realistic. CFO already approved. Realistic things please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Unlike most suggestions here, I bought almost all my implements when I bought the tractor. Why? Because I got 0% interest for 5 years, and I knew I would rather roll it all into that than try to come up with $500 here and $2000 there later on.

I got a 1025r TLB with a PHD, a rotary cutter, a tiller, a rear blade, and a box blade. I later added a boom pole and a quick hitch. The only one I haven't gotten use from has been the rear blade, which I got for clearing snow off the driveway. And I haven't been there when it was snowing yet. But I bought them all with specific uses in mind and needed them all. Figure out what you need to do and buy the tool to do it.

Re the PHD in clay soil, I have clay soil and it does a decent job when it works. Sometimes it can be an exercise in frustration. My advice, buy plenty of shear bolts. 😄 Also, in my area, it works well in all seasons but summer. When that clay is dried and hard it's like trying to drill into ceramics! It will still work, but it takes way more time and effort!
I am thinking a post hole attachment for the needed fence. That being said, how do these tractors do handling it? It’s clay but no roots or rocks.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.