Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,154 Posts
"as is" bill of sale on each separate item ......its the buyers responsibility to do his own due diligence........if i were the buyer and extremely skeptical i would call in the vin# to JD to check status, get the bill of sale notarized, and get a receipt for payment if not paid by check

just a question.......how is he going to pay you? ........how will you know if his check is good? ....point is you will have to do your diligence on that end

if its a large purchase/sale i always like to take a picture of the other parties drivers license and car plates for my records

· Registered
3,154 Posts
I certainly understand the sensitivity to a picture of a drivers license...I would comment that a notary in our area will normally review and/or take a photo copy of a driver's license for their records....main point is to verify identity and address should there be a problem .....as a example of a sale I will not perform without verification is a person to person gun sale as allowed in our state

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.