Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a wood chipper. I have 22 acres of mostly softwood bush and a lot of trees have fallen down. I plan on burning the softwood after a year's seasoning but will be left with a considerable amount of branches and twigs. My plan is to get the Wallensteins BX52s. I would chip anything between 1" and say 3" - anything over that I would use as firewood. The BX52s has a larger opening than the BX42S and only $200 more. HP range for the BX52 is 18 to 50 so it would appear that the 1023e should be fine with it as long as I don't max it out the with a 4" or 5" log.
BX52s owner opinions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
You have quite a task ahead of you,,,

I have a similar amount of timber,,,
I simply pile the branches of that size in a pile,,, and a few years later they are compost.

No chipping,, just a little time.,,,
when the pile is close to max loader height, I scatter a little dirt on the top to encourage decomposition,,,

I can create all the compost I need to supplement my garden that I need with "the pile",,:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
13,005 Posts
I think you are in for disappointment. The 1023e is only 15.3HP on the PTO. You are not even close to what is required to run a chipper of that size.

BX52s specifications:
HP requirements for max. cap.40-45
HP Range18-50

Reactions: Gizmo2 and Kennyd

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
I think you are in for disappointment. The 1023e is only 15.3HP on the PTO. You are not even close to what is required to run a chipper of that size.

BX52s specifications:
HP requirements for max. cap.40-45
HP Range18-50
Even the 1025r with its 18hp at the pto would be at the bottom end of the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts