Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
The rest of mine shipped today. Guessing Saturday or Monday. Probably Monday I'll get everything.

Nope....coming Friday.....yaaay!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The rest of my order (trencher bucket, quick change and extra pin) arrived late this evening...

My FedEx driver had a rough day. He had a huge gash across the top of his forehead! I didn’t ask. I’m the last stop on his route as he lives just down the road. Man that trencher bucket was a heavy box for its size!

Everything looks good. Will install the quick change on the 270B tomorrow and mount each attachment to make sure it all fits and works properly. I have the John Deere 16” bucket, BXpanded 6” trencher bucket and the BXpanded ripper tooth.

Still considering a thumb and the piranha tooth bar...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
I have the trencher bucket and the quick coupler. Excellent products in concept, design and execution, very happy with them.

I will need the ripper mid summer, and reading this thread I decided to pull the trigger on it and get it in the queue well in advance.

I also ordered the BH dolly as I am tired of fighting to get the whole thing aligned, last night it took over half an hour and usually requires a spotter to get it at all correct.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I have the trencher bucket and the quick coupler. Excellent products in concept, design and execution, very happy with them.

I will need the ripper mid summer, and reading this thread I decided to pull the trigger on it and get it in the queue well in advance.

I also ordered the BH dolly as I am tired of fighting to get the whole thing aligned, last night it took over half an hour and usually requires a spotter to get it at all correct.
Good idea to go ahead and order the ripper now...

Hate that you have to fight with your BH to get it mounted. Sounds like the dolly will help and make the process less frustrating.

Which BH do you have?

I’m very happy with the way the 270B mounts. It’s a snap! Every BH should be this easy... Seriously, it only takes several minutes and no frustration what so ever...

Was stoked to get the new BXpanded parts installed today. When I finished mowing early this morning (to beat the heat) I went to start the tractor and the BATTERY WAS DEAD. What?!

It did start to turn over once but then just the sound of the starter solenoid clicking. There is corrosion all over the negative terminal. Tractor (2038R) is 1 1/2 years old. Frustrating!

The heat index is 94° now so I’ll wait until this evening or early tomorrow morning to mess with it.

Has anyone else had battery trouble with a fairly new tractor?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Got all of my stuff today. Put the quick attach on the backhoe and the thumb and installed the pines on all the attachments like the 16" bucket, 6" bucket, and ripper. Tried the ripper on the very first stump that I tried with the 1025r that defeated me and had it out in 5 minutes with the ripper. Found another stump I missed and ripped it out with the ripper as well in probably 5 minutes. Seems to work pretty darn good! Got all my other stumps out with my 16" bucket.

Everything was packages good and everything seemed to fit pretty snug and so far happy! The quick connect is nice! Shipping could have been quicker, but I understand if they are getting slammed! Took 5, almost 6 weeks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Got all of my stuff today. Put the quick attach on the backhoe and the thumb and installed the pines on all the attachments like the 16" bucket, 6" bucket, and ripper. Tried the ripper on the very first stump that I tried with the 1025r that defeated me and had it out in 5 minutes with the ripper. Found another stump I missed and ripped it out with the ripper as well in probably 5 minutes. Seems to work pretty darn good! Got all my other stumps out with my 16" bucket.

Everything was packages good and everything seemed to fit pretty snug and so far happy! The quick connect is nice! Shipping could have been quicker, but I understand if they are getting slammed! Took 5, almost 6 weeks.
That’s great! Glad to hear you’re happy with the ripper...

Can’t wait to give it a go. Maybe I’ll get that new battery installed tomorrow morning and have enough time to mount the quick connect and give it a try.

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
After 8yrs, I finally heard my wife say those precious words....."You can take that tree out". :yahoo:

Ordered the ripper today :thumbup1gif: Will update when I get any info from BX. Curious how long the wait will be.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Trencher bucket and extra pin ordered 6/2
Piranha tooth bar and step bit ordered 6/6

And now we wait .........................

:knownothing:

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
After 8yrs, I finally heard my wife say those precious words....."You can take that tree out". :yahoo:

Ordered the ripper today :thumbup1gif: Will update when I get any info from BX. Curious how long the wait will be.
Ripper shipped today and got confirmation from FedEx that it was picked up and due for delivery Friday. :thumbup1gif:
I never called them nor sent them an email, just waited it out.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ripper shipped today and got confirmation from FedEx that it was picked up and due for delivery Friday. :thumbup1gif:
I never called them nor sent them an email, just waited it out.
About six weeks then. Seems to be the average then I think. That was the time for my stuff I believe.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Half the order shipped

Trencher bucket and extra pin ordered 6/2
Shipped and due to arrive at my house tomorrow, 6/27
25 Days

Piranha tooth bar and step bit ordered 6/6
Still waiting to ship
:unknown:

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
About six weeks then. Seems to be the average then I think. That was the time for my stuff I believe.
One day short of 4 weeks

·
Registered
828 Posts
I spent a lot of time trying to decide between the Piranha, the Heavy Hitch tooth, or a Ratchet Rake. I'll probably eventually need the ratchet rake, but I opted for the Piranha bar based on review and posts here. I'm sure it will be a great device...when it gets here....but it's been 10 days and I haven't heard a word. They may have great stuff, but if I have to wait this long I'm gonna have to look at alternatives until they can get their production act together. I'm pleased for their success, but their approach to dealing with that success doesn't work for me.

·
Premium Member
7,581 Posts
I really don't know what the deal is.

I have purchased two Piranha toothbars from them and both shipped really quick.

Maybe it is an issue getting their new place set up or their order volume is that big. :dunno:

My hopes that they have time to expand their line to include a ripper for the 375A backhoe are dwindling.

But I would rather wait than go Chinese.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
I ordered the Dolly and Ripper on 5/22, the Dolly shipped on 6/11 (3 weeks) and the ripper on 6/18 (4 weeks). Quality is excellent. The shipping times were reasonable, in fact I haven't had an opportunity to use the ripper as it arrived earlier than expected. Happy customer.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I spent a lot of time trying to decide between the Piranha, the Heavy Hitch tooth, or a Ratchet Rake. I'll probably eventually need the ratchet rake, but I opted for the Piranha bar based on review and posts here. I'm sure it will be a great device...when it gets here....but it's been 10 days and I haven't heard a word. They may have great stuff, but if I have to wait this long I'm gonna have to look at alternatives until they can get their production act together. I'm pleased for their success, but their approach to dealing with that success doesn't work for me.
Still hadn't heard from BXpanded as of yesterday so I cancelled the Piranha bar and ordered the 54 inch Ratchet Rake. Just got an email that FedEx is delivering it day after tomorrow. That decision was partially based on lots of YouTube obsessing and finally concluding that the Ratchet Rake would probably be more suitable for the underbrush clearing that I have to do, which will entail a lot of back-dragging. Additionally, I plan on some extensive re-seeding and I think the RR will be a lot better at that. We'll see.

The guy I talked to about cancelling at BXpanded was very nice. He did offer to try to bump me up in the shipping queue, but I declined. I do plan on digging out some yard for a paver-stone patio at some point, so a Piranha bar is probably still in my future since I think that device will be more effective for that kind of dirt moving.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Ordered piranha toothbar 8/15and was told 3 week lead time, shipped today,fedex tracking estimates 9/04. 20 days from order to delivery, I'm happy with service,and from what I have read here at GTT expect o be happy with product

21 - 40 of 43 Posts