Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a lot about the bad job Deere did on the Tranny case of the 2210 ans the early 2305sand yesterday, it may have happend to my grandpa's 2210. he was mowing the lawn and hot a root. Killed the tractor and bent a blade. Fixed the blade but when he started it up, the tranny was just vibrating like crazy. I had a bunch of shear pins in the cup holder and they were bouncing all over in there. My grandpa originally though to bring it down to Deere t get it fixed but after i showed him some of the reviews and $6000 price tag to fix it, he opted to get a new tractor(s). So now he has a new 3032E and X320 (i convinced him that the X320 was better than the X300, especially with the huge difference in tranny). So the 2210 will be gone this week and the new Deere pack will be its replacement. I will miss that 2210 since it was the first tractor i learned to drive but i am overly excited to try out that 3032E. We stripped all the extras from the 2210 today like the imatch, draw bar assembly, front weights, and mud flaps. I will try to get pictures of the 3032E before he tries it out in the arenas and gets it all muddy.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, i have uploaded a video of it on TBN if anyone is interested. You can hear the sound that the tranny is making pretty well. link will be posted soon!

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Congrats on the new tractors!

Watching the video its hard to tell whats wrong. The sound seems fairly normal. At least over computer speakers. Can you engage the PTO at all?

The mower deck seems real low in front, is that from messing with it or is it bent?

What are you doing with the tractor? I need an engine for another project and that one would be perfect!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes the PTO works on it in all 3 ranges but still that vibration is pretty bad. watch the bolt si nthe cup holder, they never did that before this. My grandpa is trading it in so JohnDeere will will be its new home until they fix it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes the PTO works on it in all 3 ranges but still that vibration is pretty bad. watch the bolt si nthe cup holder, they never did that before this. My grandpa is trading it in so JohnDeere will will be its new home until they fix it.
After the trade in deal is done, maybe write a anonymous letter telling them the issue, so they can fix it so the next buyer doesn't get stuck with a grenade LOL

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thats a nice machine to have die so fast. Did you remove the decK and run the pto to see if it still shook that bad?

So the 2210 and 2305 had issues?

I am looking at a 2520 or 2720.. Do they have any trouble?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thats a nice machine to have die so fast. Did you remove the decK and run the pto to see if it still shook that bad?

So the 2210 and 2305 had issues?

I am looking at a 2520 or 2720.. Do they have any trouble?
As a whole the history of these machines go back a few models and back 12 years - 4100, 4110, 4010, 4115 then 2210, 2305, 2320,2520, 2720.....these yanmar built machines have been arguably the less trouble prone in the industry....Im sure most of which being the reason is they dont need the fancy electronics, and its built by Yanmar for Deere.

Its not to say isolated pockets that maybe a recall hasn't fixed already doesn't pop up but nothing really stands out as a deal breaker for any of these models.....

I think the front axle leak may pop up for some on the 4x10 or 4x15 or 2x20 series but thats few and far between from what I can tell....newer models appear to be ok with this issue...

I have seen and heard that the Orange brand offering of the same size range - have a high tendency to vibrate the hell out of the user, to the point its no longer enjoyable.....Thats a shame but nothing like that has ever happened with these machines

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Both the 2210 and early 2305s had this issue. The wierd thing is the PTO works still but when you arent even moving or using the PTO, you can hear the gears grinding. Im pretty sure that my grandpa got $6700 for it, it is low but it is broken too. Fisher Implement out here usually fixes this stuff up and resells it on site for customers interested in used equippment. next few days or so and that 3032E and X320 will be here. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts