Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tractor is in neutral but doesn't think it is so it won't start does anybody know which wires I need to jump out on a 1023e so I can get my tractor out of the woods?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
My tractor is in neutral but doesn't think it is so it won't start does anybody know which wires I need to jump out on a 1023e so I can get my tractor out of the woods?
Your problem might be a faulty neutral switch. I'd unplug the seat connector and jump the terminals. I've done that to all of my other JD rolling stock, haven't got around to it on my 1023E yet.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've already tried jumping the seat switch it didn't work still says shift to neutral

·
Super Moderator
2,448 Posts
If the problem is the neutral safety switch, see this thread for more information.

Neutral switch issue?

Here's a picture of the switch, without the Mid-PTO shaft attached. That's the mid-PTO output stub shaft on the right, below the trans filter. The neutral switch is just to the left of the mid-PTO stub shaft. You can see a red wire going into it.

20180630_132610.jpg.jpeg

Here's another picture, this time with the Mid-PTO shaft attached to the mower deck (the Autoconnect shaft).

20180630_112551.jpg.jpeg

I believe the terminals in the connector are female. You can jump it temporarily with something like a paper clip or a piece of wire.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I found the switch. It was much easier to find in the daylight. I still had to jump it because I couldn't see where to plug it in with the mower connected. It seems like a better design would have been to place this on the side or top of the transmisson instead of on the bottom. It would more difficult for a stump or small tree limb to grab it and unplug it and easier for someone like me with big hands to access it. I'm just saying.

·
Premium Member
14,888 Posts
Yes I found the switch. It was much easier to find in the daylight. I still had to jump it because I couldn't see where to plug it in with the mower connected. It seems like a better design would have been to place this on the side or top of the transmisson instead of on the bottom. It would more difficult for a stump or small tree limb to grab it and unplug it and easier for someone like me with big hands to access it. I'm just saying.
Agree shame it is in a poor location.

And like you with mower deck on it is a pain to get to. I jacked the rear of tractor up about 6" and was able to get in and jump the wiring.

Tractor started , removed deck and replaced the switch.

Reactions: kylew
1 - 6 of 6 Posts