Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 2950 there’s a switch for each windshield wiper which seems sort of dumb. I’m having problems with the doors wiper. When I got it sometimes the wiper would work then other times it wouldn’t. Voltage meter to check and see if power was going to the motor and nothing. The switch looks to be about $70 dollars if that is what’s wrong with it. It shouldn’t be to much to diagnose is... I’m only wondering what you guys though about be just bypassing the doors side switch and running it into the other so when I turns on the left side both wipers would be on simultaneously .

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Have you checked the door switch ground connection? I see no reason both wiper motors couldn't be operated from one switch. I've owned a 4255 since Feb. '93 & 2 wiper switches was never been a major problem for me. Of course 98+% of the time it's raining my 4255 is in the barn.

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
Can you swap switches to test the switch?

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
If they are both on independent circuits with their own fuses, I wouldnt. But if one fuse handles them both, then I can't see the harm.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Wiper

I will do the best I can several years ago wanted/needed a different wiper switch My brother is electrical engineer U of Michigan with his help a-lot of blown fuses and time got what I wanted Because these moters have a "park stroke" things are complicated The switch I used was a push-pull on on so in either position there was power to wiper motor there seems to be two grounds one regular and one "insulated ground" which provides for return to park I really can't explain it but the switch provides power for regular operation and return to park took me a month of trying try and copy what you have and lay in a supply of fuses can't you connect the terminal on the motors together and disconnect the power to one motor your going to be entertained for a while do it while still warm SORRY about attachments

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts