Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at possibly getting a 3 point core aerator for my x738 to avoid all the issues when turning with a pull behind.

I already have a 3- point hitch and iMatch as well. Talked with my dealer and they said IF I wanted to try, they would suggest a CA2048E Frontier 48" core aerator. However, they have never had anyone try one on a x700 series before. They aren’t sure it will work very well because of less downward pressure.

Anyone out there have one or try one before?

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
Well, not sure what your dealer is referring to when he says "less down pressure", as a 3 point does not apply down pressure. An aerator's ability to pull plugs is totally dependent on its weight.

I have an EA 48" that I use on my 1025R. It's 400 + lbs. and I put to solid cement blocks on it to make it heavier. It pulls nice plugs at that weight, although, I have to run front ballast on a 1025R so you will definitely need front ballast on an X738.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
You have to remember too that the x7xx series and 1025r are cat 1 limited lift. The pins can't be more than 12" off the ground or you'll have clearance problems. You can try it but might not lift it very high.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

I’m concerned about the weight limitation of the hitch on x738 mentioned above. Thinking I won’t be able to handle the weight of the CA2048E. So unless I can find an iMatch compatible
3-point core aerator that weighs less it appears I better try to deal with the tow behind even though I want a 3-point one.

Anyone know of any that are lighter?

·
Registered
156 Posts
From what I’ve read Mark the Frontier you are considering weighs around 284 pounds, which is well within the limits of the 3PH. I just recently bought the Land Pride aerator. It weighs about half of the Frontier, but I’ve also added three JD suitcase weights to the weight tray. I’ve had no problems so far with lifting the implement, and it’s worked like a charm so far. To me the Frontier would work with your 738, or you could check out the Land Pride aerator too. Good luck in your search..... and have fun.:good2:

Attachments

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
I have the CA1556 model of the Landpride aerator on my 1025r and works great. Yes it weighs less than others, but I can add 300+ pounds to weight tray as needed.

I’d think the 48” model behind a X700 series would work. Probably cheaper than the Frontier unit too. I know mine was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
539 Posts
Between 400-500lbs is the practical limit for the x738 and lifting implements with the 3ph on the x738. You will need front ballast to keep the front tires on the ground.

I've picked up about 600lbs with my 3ph and the tractor did it but it was very unbalanced.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts