Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found a nifty place to mount a fire extinguisher several months ago. I wanted to put it through a good testing before I posted anything. My biggest fear was that I might hit it with my noggin while driving through rough terrain, but it hasn’t come close.

I used the existing bolts in the rear cab pillar. I had to grind down the bolt heads a tad to get them to clear the extinguisher bottle. The first photo is a little deceiving, as it looks like the extinguisher is striking the rear window gas spring, but there is actually plenty of clearance. Overall, very simple project. The extinguisher also provides me with a place to hang my hat…😆

Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Tints and shades Automotive exterior

Wood Interior design Plant Audio equipment Gas

·
Registered
149 Posts
I was trying a long time and couldn't find place to mount fire extinguisher anywhere on the tractor. Might borrow this placement. My main concern would be head sway as well but as you tested it I am willing to trust you on that :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
mine is mounted in that area ,thought that was where it belonged .No issues for clearances or banging into it and easy enough to get to
Motor vehicle Snow Automotive mirror Vehicle Mode of transport

Reactions: 3P Ranch
1 - 3 of 3 Posts