Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
22,591 Posts
:wgtt:

I'm a little confused here:unknown: Do you mean to remove the cab as a whole? The members will need more information to give you good answers. What kind of tractor is it? Aftermarket cab?

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I have done it many many times. Let me see if I have some photos on here. Its very easy!

All you have to do is remove all the nuts around the bottom and lift it off straight. While your in there, make sure all of your weather stripping is intact. Its very important to the air conditioner operation.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Fountain42,

I went and looked. I found that when I did everything to my tractor, I had a camera malfunction. Here is the thread http://www.greentractortalk.com/for...Y-got-my-new-4520&highlight=cab+radio+install

So, what you need to do is remove all the nuts that are in the black strip under the green top. They are easy to find. Once you remove them, you need to bump the top and get it to start to lift off. Its nice to remove it with 2 people, but its not needed. When you take the top off, lift straight up, as the bolts stick down from the top and can rip the cab seal.

Once inside, things are very straight forward. Try not to move the control wires and levers for the heating and cooling system much. They are held in place with a gum like substance.

2 people is very helpful for putting the cab on. It helps a lot as you don't want to rip the cab seal when you try to match up the holes.

If you need anything else, feel free to ask or PM me. I have done this about 5 times.

So, do you have a 42' fountain? I have been in love with fountains since I was a teenager. I was fortunate to own a 27' with a 500hp around 2005. I loved that boat, but it was not kid friendly. So I am waiting for my kids to grow up until I make my next move into one again. Post some pictures!!!!!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have done it a few times too. with two people you will avoid damaging the foam seal that is located around the edge of the roof. It is quite fragile and a lot of times the shops will just replace it when they open up the top. Once you unbolt the 13 nuts, and lift off the top, check for any tears or gaps in the seal. If you have any that cause gaps, then you should replace the seal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have done it many many times. Let me see if I have some photos on here. Its very easy!

All you have to do is remove all the nuts around the bottom and lift it off straight. While your in there, make sure all of your weather stripping is intact. Its very important to the air conditioner operation.
Brian -- I have a JD 5093e and i cracked the green roof. I have a new roof, but cannot figure out how to get the roof off? i am guessing that i have to removed the interior head liner, but was not sure how to do that either. Can you point me in the right directions?

·
Administrator
23,173 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dave,
Brian is no longer around...this thread is from 2012.

On the 3/4 series, there are 13 nuts to remove to the the roof off-no need to drop the headliner. Very easy.

Here is the JDparts link, it's a lot different, there may be 8 screws to remove from underneath?

Kennyd --- well... the green cab is replaced. In the 5093e, the head liner needed to be removed. There are 6 - 8 screws that go up into the green top from inside the cab. just wanted to follow up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts