Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hard top cab on my x580 and would like to leave it on for summer mowing but would like to remove the doors. Does anyone have a idea how difficult it is to remove them by not taking half the cab apart? it is from the Original tractor cab co. I had it installed by my John Deere dealer so I don't know how it was assembled.

Thanks Keith

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Soft sided doors?
Just undo the Velcro at bottom half of door, then slide door up until bottom part of door comes free. In the lower hinge, and then pull down should come right off

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
The cab is designed to help direct the engine compartment heat towards the operator in the winter. You will likely want to remove the windshield as well for forward air flow, plus it helps allow the engine heat to be directed away from you. Same thing with the rear panel if possible and allow the 4 corners of the cab to support the roof. Just remember the roof is up there when mowing around trees and under limbs or you can wreck the cab in a flash.

Anything you take apart, make sure to take close up pictures of the system with your phone before you remove or disassemble and it will help you put it back together again in the fall.

Also, if you are able to lift the door hinges out of the cab frame, storing them in the hanging position on the wall is a great idea. You can find something at your local hardware which will allow you to mount it on the walls of your garage or shed and store the cab doors hanging up. They are far less likely to be damaged and its always easier to keep them out of your way when they are hanging on the wall.

Look for things like traditional door hinges which have hinge pins the same size as your cab door hinge poles. Take pictures of the door hinges and show them to someone at your local hardware if you are having trouble finding something and tell them what you are trying to do and they will have an idea of something for you.

Here is a link to the installation and assembly instructions....https://www.originalcab.com/assets/images/12060manual.pdf

·
Premium Member
13,952 Posts
Took mine off yesterday , took maybe 1-2 minutes. easy as fdmars stated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried removing Velcro and lifting doors up and out but the door frame top hits the hard top before the pins are free from hinge. Had to remove 1/4 in. bolt from hinge to remove door. Nothing is simple for me. Thanks again for helping.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Mine can be that way, just a little umph and some wiggle gets them off.....

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
I have a hard top cab on my x580 and would like to leave it on for summer mowing but would like to remove the doors. Does anyone have a idea how difficult it is to remove them by not taking half the cab apart? it is from the Original tractor cab co. I had it installed by my John Deere dealer so I don't know how it was assembled.

Thanks Keith
Remove the Lower Bolt On the Bottom door hinge Then re-secure hinge after the door is removed I would remove all the Vinyl if I were You it will still get Hot with Just the Doors Off:bigthumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts