Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been splitting wood hoping for next snow fall to use the 3 point snowblower. Taking down treestands and getting coyote sets out. Anybody else girl cabin fever breaking ideas?

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I'm going to begin hoeing in the garden today! Will be in the 60s! I can crank the radio up and get a good workout! Come on Springtime!!!! I've got about 5 weeks to get sections ready for planting, and 6-7 weeks to be needing it all ready to plant! :dance: :yahoo:

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
Six weeks to planting????? I just shovelled another foot and half off of snow from my shop roof.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

·
8,558 Posts
Six weeks to planting????? I just shovelled another foot and half off of snow from my shop roof.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
Sounds like a personal problem to me!! Yikes!

We've still got 6-8 weeks of winter to go, but I can get broccoli, cauliflower and onions in the ground in 4 weeks! They can usually handle any winter that is hanging on then. I try to get squash seeds in the ground around the middle of March, and tomato and pepper plants in the ground the 3rd to 4th week of March. Okra seed goes in the end of March to first week of April! I'm ready! Well, except for the fact I still have a lot of hoeing to do!

Reactions: Carvel Loafer

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even to be thinking about planting is refreshing! Won't be too long and the 3 path auger will be punching holes in for all the trees I ordered from the county.

Reactions: Carvel Loafer

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
FG19- No tiller? We can't even think about anything in the ground til Memorial Day! And, to TShipp- The only tree Holes that we look forward to at this time of year, is in the sides of Sugar Maples! Yum! (But even that's awhile away......... ~Scotty

·
8,558 Posts
FG19- No tiller? We can't even think about anything in the ground til Memorial Day! And, to TShipp- The only tree Holes that we look forward to at this time of year, is in the sides of Sugar Maples! Yum! (But even that's awhile away......... ~Scotty
I can't get into the garden area with the tractor, so no tiller. My garden is inside my yard fence, so the deer don't eat everything as it sprouts.

I began a new workout program about 6 weeks ago, hoping that I'd stay in better shape this winter, than years past. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. I hoed a section 18 X 4 feet of garden area! That is hoeing, pulling weeds/grass, and working in compost. Just a fraction of what I need to do, but at least it is a start. Weather should be good again tomorrow, even if a few degrees cooler, so maybe I can get another decent area done tomorrow! The key will really be when I get up Monday to go to "work". :laugh:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maple syrup sounds good. I trade some of my honey for that every year! We're supposed to get high wind and up to 7" tomorrow! BRING IT ON!!!

·
8,558 Posts
7" Might be a fantasy for some! :lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,090 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts

·
Administrator
20,980 Posts

·
8,558 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Just like a guy, always bragging! :lol:
Now farmgirl19 ,,,you know it's hard to see under certain light conditions, and it does look pretty deep.

·
Administrator
18,514 Posts
Here's what two feet of snow looks like:

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've been doing some construction projects inside the house. My house is an A frame style so the upstairs was one giant room from one end to the other. I put a wall up and will be doing shelving this weekend turning the back third into a walk in closet:

Before we started
IMG_0204.JPG

The new wall will be going here
IMG_0205.jpg

Starting the framing
IMG_0207.JPG

Framing done
IMG_0210.JPG

Drywall up
IMG_0217.jpg

Inside closet
IMG_0218.jpg

All mudded
IMG_0231.JPG

Part two of the project is enclosing my washer/dryer/furnace which is currently open and right there when you walk in the side door

Put shelves up before we started closing everything in:
IMG_0235.jpg

Framing
IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.JPG

Got two bifold doors go go in the big opening in front of the washer and dryer and we cut a full size door to fit in front of the furnace due to the angle of the ceiling (stupid A frames!).

IMG_0250.JPG

IMG_0249.JPG

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I've been doing some construction projects inside the house. My house is an A frame style so the upstairs was one giant room from one end to the other. I put a wall up and will be doing shelving this weekend turning the back third into a walk in closet:

Got two bifold doors go go in the big opening in front of the washer and dryer and we cut a full size door to fit in front of the furnace due to the angle of the ceiling (stupid A frames!).

View attachment 24568

View attachment 24567
:laugh: Our attic is like that, and I also have a slightly angled door. Hey, as long as it works, right?
Your project looks great!

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
You did a very nice job of remodeling

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Waldershrek:
Which door is the back door?:laugh:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts