Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone checked out the tractors that Cabelas is selling?They look pretty impressive. Timbo

·
Super Moderator
4,886 Posts
The prices are nice but... they're TYM tractors painted with the Cabela's labels on them. You can do slightly better on prices by buying the exact same machine (sans the Cabela's paint scheme & labels) from any TYM dealer.

·
Registered
11,753 Posts
Timbo; the closest I have been around these tractors is when I'm watching the outdoor channels on my tv. they seem to perform effortlessly while on tv. cabela's has some show's on the hunting channel, and they talk these machines up a lot. good luck if u buy one. big jim

·
Registered
170 Posts
When I was shopping for a tractor about a year and a half ago I looked briefly at them. I think they were kind of new at the time. Didn't seem to be enough real information about them at the time for me to make an educated decision on one and I did really want a Green tractor so .... I also had noticed they were rebranded TYM's, but our little 1 and 2 series are to an extent rebranded Yanmars too. It seems more Yanmar built to JD specs, but pretty close to the same thing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cable's tractor

Who is TYM? Timbo

·
Super Moderator
4,886 Posts
Who is TYM? Timbo
TYM (aka "Tong Yang Moolsan") is a South Korean Ag equipment builder. One of their "things" is that they build a lot of tractors for off-brands. If you want to setup "Joe-Bob's Tractor Co. Inc.", you call TYM and tell them what you want and they paint them in your colors, slap your logo on them and ship them to you.

TYM has built tractors that have been sold in the U.S. under the Alliance, Allmand, BGU, Double-R, Millennium, Montana, Nibbi and Scorpion brands (as well as the current Cabela's line up) over the years.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Jim R. Timbo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts