Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I retired from the Army and am finally getting to purchase the land I wanted...and will live out my life there. 6.5 acres of mostly flat grassy land butted up against a mountain in Colorado. I will have to cut that grass...hence my question. If this "technical" please forgive me. The sellers want to sell me their 2015 1025R John Deere. It has a bucket loader, mid-mount mower, and snow blade. Heat package, no cab, low hours...but $18k?...not sure.

I looked all over the web...the prices are whacked low and whacked high. This 1025R does look brand new and is garage kept.

Thoughts?

Thanks much and look forward to hearing from everyone.

Michael

·
Registered
837 Posts
Hello all. I retired from the Army and am finally getting to purchase the land I wanted...and will live out my life there. 6.5 acres of mostly flat grassy land butted up against a mountain in Colorado. I will have to cut that grass...hence my question. If this "technical" please forgive me. The sellers want to sell me their 2015 1025R John Deere. It has a bucket loader, mid-mount mower, and snow blade. Heat package, no cab, low hours...but $18k?...not sure.

I looked all over the web...the prices are whacked low and whacked high. This 1025R does look brand new and is garage kept.

Thoughts?

Thanks much and look forward to hearing from everyone.

Michael
Congratulations on your retirement and thanks for your service. That's some beautiful country you live in. I use to visit my aunt and uncles place up near Green Mountain Falls west of Colorado Springs.
Depending on the hours but it sounds like a decent deal to me. Did he show you his service records?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Congrats on your land purchase, especially since it's the land you wanted. Thank you for your service and congratulations on your retirement. In regards to the tractor, the 1 series are awesome machines but in my opinion the price is high, I'm basing my opinion on the used market in my area. For your region that may be a fair price. Being they are offering it for sale is a good sign they don't need it for their future plans so perhaps some negotiations are in order? Moving onto your new property and having great equipment already there for your use sure would be nice! Good luck in whichever you decide

:wgtt:

·
Super Moderator
5,534 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,404 Posts
Welcome to GTT mrowells and thank you for your service. :thumbup1gif:
My first thoughts on the tractor is you'll need a 2xxx series. Tell us what your plans are for tractor usage.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Welcome from Ohio. :greentractorride:

And for what I know (which is little) I think the price is a bit high.

·
Administrator
20,668 Posts
Thank you for your service. :hi: :usa

And :wgtt:

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
:wgtt: From The Pacific NW - Oregon!!

·
Premium Member
2,734 Posts
Welcome from Illinois. Thanks for your service :usa:usa I agree with others here i think it is too high. last july I purchased a new one at that same price with 0% 5year and 6 year warranty. Of course thats the asking price. If you havent bought the land yet make it a package deal. If you have i would think you could talk them down. You could also look at a new one even a new 2 series with 0%. Good Luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Uses

Welcome to GTT mrowells and thank you for your service. :thumbup1gif:
My first thoughts on the tractor is you'll need a 2xxx series. Tell us what your plans are for tractor usage.
It will be to mow the field and plow the cul-de-sac. 6 acres of level field and about .15 mi of cul-de-sac. I found the mid-mount mower for about $2k after taxes and the snow blade for about $800.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome from Illinois. Thanks for your service :usa:usa I agree with others here i think it is too high. last july I purchased a new one at that same price with 0% 5year and 6 year warranty. Of course thats the asking price. If you havent bought the land yet make it a package deal. If you have i would think you could talk them down. You could also look at a new one even a new 2 series with 0%. Good Luck
I saw quotes from all over. Many are north of $20k...but with a backhoe...which I don't need at the moment. I struggled finding anything where the 1025R used came with a bucket, mid-mount mower, and snow blade (cant find snow blade anywhere).

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
So they are offering the 1025r, MMM (54" or 60"??), FEL and plow blade. I'm assuming that the price includes the front quick hitch to mount the plow blade?? Even if it's the 54" mower and 48" FEL bucket I think $18,000 is pretty decent for a price. How many actual hours on the 1025r and has it been maintained?

·
Registered
527 Posts
gttgreen.gif

Welcome from Southern Maryland. Looks like they may have priced it in anticipation of negotiation. Make an offer that you are comfortable with and you may get a great deal. Good Luck.

·
Registered
4,402 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,261 Posts
Congrats on your place and retirement! Thanks for your service! :usa

·
Premium Member
14,712 Posts
Congrats on retirement and Thanks for your service..:usa

Tractor price seems high especially since you can buy a new one with 0%

It property owner wants to make it a package deal , ask them if they would sell it for say $12500 ... Save them selling it later or shipping it to someone.

Depends on how desperate they may be, could even start at a low price and settle for $12-13 highest $14000.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So they are offering the 1025r, MMM (54" or 60"??), FEL and plow blade. I'm assuming that the price includes the front quick hitch to mount the plow blade?? Even if it's the 54" mower and 48" FEL bucket I think $18,000 is pretty decent for a price. How many actual hours on the 1025r and has it been maintained?
It is 54". It has all the quick hitch stuff. Garage kept...looks like new. I am told around 50 hours...have not seen actual. They bought it new last year.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts