Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently when I try and pull up to engage the brake on my 1023, I’m only able to lift up the lever about 1/2 way. As a result the brake won’t engage and the parking light doesn’t come on.

I’m not really sure where to start in diagnosing this issue. Does anyone have any knowledge on how the brake lever connect to the brake and why I might not be able to engage it

thanks in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did.

I'm wondering if grass got pushed up under the tractor. I was using the tractor to cut very tall grass in a pasture just before this issue started. I'll have to crawl under the tractor and check.

My main issue is that I don't have a manual that talks about how each part of the tractor can be services. Is there a good repair manual for the tractor?

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
My main issue is that I don't have a manual that talks about how each part of the tractor can be services. Is there a good repair manual for the tractor?

Your only option is to purchase a Technical Manual from JD.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, so I figured it out. I crawled under my tractor and there was a crazy amount of grass stuck under it. Also, there was like an inch of grass wrapped around the driveshaft. Took about 30 minutes to cut it all out but now the brake leaver is working again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.