Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of trying to find the torque specs on the 54” blower. Put in a steel impeller and plan to do the enclosed gear box today. I got the poly impeller off yesterday. I was shocked, I was able to spray some penetrant and tamp it off shaft with a hammer. Next I used sand paper and emery to clean the shaft. Put anti seize on the shaft and reinstalled the impeller auger assembly. Drilled, tapped and put grease zerk on impeller for future lube. Will clean and anti sieze the short drive shaft to the gear box. Also all set up with pre drilled holes on the impeller and rubber bailer belt doubled flaps for the impeller fins to supercharge its snow shooting capabilities. Hope to finish later today but need the torque on the following.

bolts and nuts on auger gear box to blower brace. Each side has different size nuts an bolts. Two on each side of brace.

bolts that hold new enclosed gear box (new enclosed sprocket and chain case).

bolts that hold each end of the augers to blower case, 3 per side

allen key shaft set screws.

anything else I might have missed

Due to vibration and temp changes, I would like to set all to spec torque. Would be thankfull for any info.

Thanks again,
Don

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Determine the size, threads per inch... or pitch if Metric..., and grade of bolt. Torque charts are available online. Bob

Reactions: Firemark

·
Registered
449 Posts
You need to look up the specs for the given/size hardware not the parts off the blower. Look in your tractor owners manual. the 1023e one I have gives the torque specs for hardware sizes. Outside of that google is your friend.

OR use the germine spec: GUTINTIGHT !!

Steve

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I'm with you Steve! The ONLY time I've ever used a torque wrench was on head bolts, main bolts, and rods. Everything else else was GUTINTIGHT ! Bob

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Here are the only specifications published in the JD service manual:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,953 Posts
The bottom line is there are no official torque specs to assemble the snow blower. Most of those fasteners are just one or two "grunts". I recommend BLUE Loctite on the allen key shaft screws. Other than that just recheck the fasteners each season and you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Use the specs for the bolt size found on line, or 2 clicks of your elbow, whichever works for you.

·
Premium Member
15,953 Posts
Use the specs for the bolt size found on line, or 2 clicks of your elbow, whichever works for you.
^^^ This. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts