Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
305 loader.

I need to check the hydraulic pressure. I have one of Kenny's gauges, but this loader has no quick connect fittings. I pulled a hose off one of the cylinders expecting to find some kind of flare fitting. Instead, it is a flat boss with an O-ring seal on the male fitting.

Before I wander the aisles of Runnings or TSC, it would probably help if I knew what this kind of fitting is called.

Al

IMG_0404.jpg IMG_0405.jpg
IMG_0406.jpg

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
O-ring style face sealing connector.

·
Administrator
17,051 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,425 Posts
I agree ORFS :bigbeer:

If size 6 the threads will be 11/16-16

I doubt TSC will have any ORFS fittings. :dunno:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I agree ORFS :bigbeer:

If size 6 the threads will be 11/16-16

I doubt TSC will have any ORFS fittings. :dunno:
Unfortunately, you are probably right. But knowing what they are called, I can order online! I didn't measure the OD, but since I used a 13/16 wrench to remove the hose, you are likely correct on the size.

EDIT: I called the only local hydraulics shop and they have no ORFS fittings. There is also a Parker store 50 miles away right next door to where I used to work, but I'm not going to drive that far just for a fitting. I found 3/8 ORFS-NPT adapters online.

Al

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Surplus Center has 3/8 ORFS male to 3/8 NPT male adapters. Perfect! Since the shipping was going to be more than the merchandise, I also bought a bunch of M pneumatic quick connects which was the other reason I had to go to Runnings anyway.

I never would have found them if I didn't know what they were called. Thanks to all!

Al

1 - 6 of 6 Posts