Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,279 Posts
All I know is...it's a BIG one! Makes mine look tiny.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
:gtfam:

I am not well versed in the implements, but we have several members who are. I'm sure they will be able to help you, or point you toward the info. Some may be traveling for the holidays.

Again, welcome!

·
Registered
12,232 Posts
Can you get casting numbers on the cast iron parts? If you can, we may be able to search JD Parts and narrow it down some. Check it over, write down all the part numbers you can find and some of us will search it for you, or you can log in to JD Parts and search also.

Reactions: farmgirl19

·
Registered
223 Posts
Model 1630 or 1640 Disk Harrow.
From the pics, it looks to be in fairly good condition.
I agree it looks like a model 1630 or 1640, there are several width variations, from the pics looks like a narrower version, maybe 12' or 14'?

·
Super Moderator
5,291 Posts
The main frame of it looks very similar to the 1630 but the hitch setup is very different. The frame on the center of the 1640 is different and doesn't match up.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The main frame of it looks very similar to the 1630 but the hitch setup is very different. The frame on the center of the 1640 is different and doesn't match up.
Not all widths of the same Model will have the same style hitch and center beam. As the width gets larger the structural strength of the center beam and hitch also changes. I have seen the Model 1630 with this exact hitch design in a 12' model

·
Super Moderator
5,291 Posts
Not all widths of the same Model will have the same style hitch and center beam. As the width gets larger the structural strength of the center beam and hitch also changes. I have seen the Model 1630 with this exact hitch design in a 12' model

It's not just the center beam that doesn't match up with the 1640. The entire center box frame is different.

I did do more searching and found a 1630 with a matching hitch on it though.

John Deere 1630 Tillage - John Deere MachineFinder

1 - 10 of 10 Posts