Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The hose fitting in pic fits the standard connector at the hard line to the loader. Also fits the JD Single Point connector.

The female end it will not fit is on a Summit Diverter. May be the same one on the Artillian Diverter. The Diverter kit has me attach a slip fitting on the ends to go to the tractor. I am trying to have it go to the single point...This is the hose to the single point and came with the single point.

The hose from the Diverter fits but will not fit the single point.

So is there a female to male that could adapt it? Single point uses AS tools he Diverter uses metric tools.

The best I can do right now is steal a slip fitting from a spare hose and add the diverter slip fitting and attach them that way...Not elegant...

Thanks in advance. (y)
PXL_20210512_153038964.jpg

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I/you/we need more info! The fittings going into the block are ORB (O-Ring Boss) and the hose ends are ORFS (O-Ring Face Seal)... sizes unknown! A quick search, and I do mean QUICK, online did not show any ORB to ORFS fittings, but that doesn't mean they are not available. I did find a JIC to ORF fitting though.

End 1 is ORF (would attach to hoses) and end 2 is JIC (would attach to fittings in block).
You'll need to identify the thread sizes before you can get anything. They could be either SAE or metric! Bob

EDIT: Surplus Center has ORB to ORFS adapters!!

Reactions: Gizmo2 and chex313

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks that is a big help...I'll try my local Hardware store to get the sizes. I can get that by putting nut and a bolt on I guess. Are the sizes the same for regular hardware and these hydraulic fittings? Or I should say plumbing hardware pipe fittings.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
These fittings are usually fine thread, but yes the same sizes as a bolt or nut. Get a rough measurement with a tape measure and get a fine thread bolt of the same size. Remember too, fasteners are measured on the OD.
You may also contact the vendor that sold the hoses and he'll...hopefully!... know the fitting size on the end of the hose. Bob

Reactions: chex313

·
Administrator
20,488 Posts
Do NOT use plumbing fittings, they are NOT rated for hydraulic pressure.

The diverter side is a male JIC, the hose end is ORFS.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Last week I installed a summit diverter on my 1025r. Every thing needed was in the box, well everything except good documentation. I would call summit they were quite helpful with my questions. Also, make sure you didn't us the part on another hose.

Only complaint I have with the summit is the hoses seem just a bit long and you end up with them all around your feet.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Do NOT use plumbing fittings, they are NOT rated for hydraulic pressure.

The diverter side is a male JIC, the hose end is ORFS.
I'm just trying to find out the size...I think that is why I hate asking questions here ...Folks assume your an idiot... :p and Yes I appreciate how much help you give everyone....

Last week I installed a summit diverter on my 1025r. Everything needed was in the box, well everything except good documentation. I would call summit they were quite helpful with my questions. Also, make sure you didn't us the part on another hose.

Only complaint I have with the summit is the hoses seem just a bit long and you end up with them all around your feet.
The kit is fine...Add in a Single point....as I am and so I do not need the quick couplers.If I used the quick coupler even tho they match the 2 different hoses ...The couplers themselves match.

The single point Black and Yellow hoses do not match the Diverter. The Diverter hose's in the kit do not match the Single point. Hence I need an adapter once I find the size.

Everything is hooked up except these last two fittings.

·
Administrator
20,488 Posts
Do you have a cheap set of calipers? Just google "orfs thread chart" for example, you'll see charts showing the ID and OD of the fittings. My educated guess is they are -06 (3/8") size.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Do you have a cheap set of calipers? Just google "orfs thread chart" for example, you'll see charts showing the ID and OD of the fittings. My educated guess is they are -06 (3/8") size.
I had a pair but I can't find them...Thanks I'll get a new one. I'll get by HF or Napa tomorrow.
That is the one that fits the hard lines on a one series right? The two hose came off the line's to the FEL. 3/8"

If I walk in TSC with the hose and that fitting in the diverter would they have something that would work? I could also lose that fitting if I can find a male to male that fits, The metric threads on that fitting into the diverter are about a match for the female on the hose. So I am basically looking for a metric to SAE....

I remember telling my Dad when I got home from school in '65 we were going to the metric system in USA...My Dad laughed and said "Yeah that is what they told me in school back in 1915"....

So maybe we are halfway there... :unsure:

·
Administrator
20,488 Posts
I seriously doubt TSC will have it...a local hydraulic shop should though. Nothing should be "metric" either.

You will take the adapters out of the diverter and not use them, then replace with something like this (although the sizes are my "best guess"):

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I seriously doubt TSC will have it...a local hydraulic shop should though. Nothing should be "metric" either.

You will take the adapters out of the diverter and not use them, then replace with something like this (although the sizes are my "best guess"):

That is interesting the "nut" used to tighten it is metric (The one in the middle)

PXL_20210512_214557181.jpg

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Calipers will be a good choice for measuring...BOTH threaded ends. Also, I see stamping on the top flat... possibly fitting identification. Would you please post that info? Bob

·
Premium Member
8,902 Posts
You can buy ORFS male to Male ORB fittings.
-06 (3/8") can be bought with M12, M14, or M16 metric ORB threads.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is the writing on the Summit fitting (1 of 6 inserted into the diverter).

PXL_20210513_000908787.jpg

PXL_20210513_000925659.jpg

·
Registered
158 Posts
Last week I installed a summit diverter on my 1025r. Every thing needed was in the box, well everything except good documentation. I would call summit they were quite helpful with my questions. Also, make sure you didn't us the part on another hose.

Just finished installing my Summit diverter today. I agree with you, documentation poor, hoses too long.

·
Registered
60 Posts
See if you have a hydraulic shop or parts house like oriellys that makes hoses around. It might be more cost effective to have them cut the hose down and put on the matching fitting. Less weight hanging on the connection that way also.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Thanks for the fitting info/pic...no help but thanks anyhow!
Josh has a good idea, especially if hose are long. You'll still need to identify the male tapered end though. BTW, if OD sizes don't look right, some JIC fittings are 7/16" & 9/16" and will measure about .005" under nominal size.
One more comment... for now! Back in your post #7, you said, "Folks assume your an idiot." This is kinda true, but justifiably true. When I reply to a thread, I have NO idea of what that person knows or doesn't know. We have certified Engineers in the Forums and also people that aren't sure how to adjust an adjustable wrench! I try to respond with the correct answer and why it should be done or how it works, etc.

As a quick for instance, if a guy posts that he wants to put teflon tape on his hyd fittings, I could answer, 'No, don't do that,' but Ill get into, No, because.....' and why he shouldn't do that. As a result my posts tend to get long, but NOT intended to insult a persons intelligence, but to also educate someone following the thread.

I personally don't care if a poster is a college grad or flunked out of grammar school. There're are 2 types of information, that that you know and that that you know where to find. This, and other Forums are a GREAT place to find that that you don't know. Keep asking questions and they'll be answered... and don't worry about what people think you are, YOU KNOW what you are!

And now, 'Back to out regularly scheduled program!' Measure fittings, post results if you're unsure! Bob

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the fitting info/pic...no help but thanks anyhow!
Josh has a good idea, especially if hose are long. You'll still need to identify the male tapered end though. BTW, if OD sizes don't look right, some JIC fittings are 7/16" & 9/16" and will measure about .005" under nominal size.
One more comment... for now! Back in your post #7, you said, "Folks assume your an idiot." This is kinda true, but justifiably true. When I reply to a thread, I have NO idea of what that person knows or doesn't know. We have certified Engineers in the Forums and also people that aren't sure how to adjust an adjustable wrench! I try to respond with the correct answer and why it should be done or how it works, etc.

As a quick for instance, if a guy posts that he wants to put teflon tape on his hyd fittings, I could answer, 'No, don't do that,' but Ill get into, No, because.....' and why he shouldn't do that. As a result my posts tend to get long, but NOT intended to insult a persons intelligence, but to also educate someone following the thread.

I personally don't care if a poster is a college grad or flunked out of grammar school. There're are 2 types of information, that that you know and that that you know where to find. This, and other Forums are a GREAT place to find that that you don't know. Keep asking questions and they'll be answered... and don't worry about what people think you are, YOU KNOW what you are!

And now, 'Back to out regularly scheduled program!' Measure fittings, post results if you're unsure! Bob
I am the opposite I check how long they have been here and the sig..If it indicates he has been around longer than I have ...I give them the benefit of the doubt and yes clearly the thread benefits others...So we can lurk and learn something...

It is just that you should wait for a few posts and let the person prove they are an idiot (It usually takes me 3 posts to prove that I am) 😄

I'll get my calipers and stop or call a few places to see what I can find and check back this afternoon. I always try to get a part online first because I hate shopping. In this case I thought somebody might say "Yeah that is a 3/8x something and the other end is a something and you can order it here, here or here." No real hurry as my grapple will not be here to the middle of June. Except I cant use the loader until I finish this.

Reactions: Xesike

·
Registered
148 Posts
Your going to need a hydraulic shop for this one, maybe a Parker store close to you? I'm sure surplus center would have something to order. Honestly I'd get the ends of the hose refitted to JIC.

·
Premium Member
8,902 Posts
Your going to need a hydraulic shop for this one, maybe a Parker store close to you? I'm sure surplus center would have something to order. Honestly I'd get the ends of the hose refitted to JIC.
If the hoses are too long, as someone stated. That would be a simple solution. I like both JIC and ORFS for hose ends.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts