Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I fell behind today and didn't get to a supply shop. It will either be Mon or Tue. I can't find one online.

So male 3/8"ORFS with a M20x 1.5 ORB ....SAE male and Metric male....Does this sound right. It is anecdotal and won't be needed by the place I'll go to.

I searched for an hour tonight and did not find one. if indeed I am searching for the right fitting.

I'll check in next week to give an update in case anyone else ever puts together a SP and diverter.

·
Premium Member
8,121 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Chex, Are you certain of the M20 ORB? I can find several 3/8" ORFS, but either M18 or M22 ORB on opposite end. If fitting is in fact M20, I think you'll have difficulty in locating it, IF even possible! While you measuring, kindly verify the male thread sticking out on the valve now. Should be a 3/8" which is a -6 JIC with 9/16-18 threads. OD should be .556"-.562". Bob

·
Administrator
20,489 Posts
Did you ask Summit what the ports are on the valve? I'd be really surprised if they are metric.

Edit:
So I just looked on the Summit page, here are the specs for the valve, -08 ORB ( I had guessed -06) :

Features:

• 12v DC
  • DIN 43650 Connector
  • 6 Ports with #8 SAE (3/4”-16) Threads
  • Max Operating Pressure: 3625 PSI
  • Flow Rating: 13 GPM
  • Switch is made in Canada; Valve is made in Europe

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
If that's the case than it's a 3/4" male with a 3/8" male needed on the other end..
Thanks
I have to take care of my wife till Tuesday so I may not have time to do more.

On my way home from getting my caliber. I stopped at Napa and asked them to tell me what it was and that's what they told me M20 and the other end was supposed to be an M16. Is that 20 mm 16 mm? And and the end stands for metric?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Yes, M16 stands for 16mm thread. Did the guy as NAPA measure the threads or just eye ball them??

You've got a caliper, measure both ends and report sizes.

Also, you mention getting calipers at Harbor Freight and they're known for having varying quality! After measuring ORB (large end), messure a 3/4 diameter bolt if you have one! This will tell you if the calipers are in the ball park! A few thousandths won't make a difference but .050" will! Always good to double check before buying your fittings! Bob

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Yeah the NAPA guy knows as much as me he went in the hydro area for 10 minutes to see if he had anything and to at least give me sizes...He thought it was Metric. He did mention their regular guy left.

Here are the fittings I needed...Calipers did not do me much good. 0.75 on the ORB end... and 0.68 on the ORFS. It is 3/8" so I do not know how those caliper measurements work.

So thanks for the help folks and a shout out to Clarks Industrial Supply in Pottstown , PA. who had them... $3.50 each.

I'll post some pics of the completed kit tomorrow.

PXL_20210514_212803723.jpg

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Administrator
20,489 Posts
You needed to google the charts like I wrote above:

-06 (3/8") measures .069 and you measured .068...close enough!

Reactions: chex313

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
You needed to google the charts like I wrote above:

-06 (3/8") measures .069 and you measured .068...close enough!
I did glance at that...and now it makes more sense...I did not get the calipers till last night...and in the process of that Napa suggested Clarks...and this afternoon I had someone with my wife , so I I was able to take an hour and go get them. So for $8 bucks it was easier to skip the shipping.

Guess I am bad at math 3/8" as a decimal is .375...At least that is what Google claims.

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,829 Posts
Reactions: chex313

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Any numbers associated with hydraulics/plumbing can be VERY confusing! Let's talk about the "3/8". It's the OD of a piece of 3/8"tubing, but it's the ID of a 3/8" hose, and it's neither on a 3/8 pipe! 3/8 pipe is .675" OD and .493" ID IF Schedule 40., and .675" OD and .543 ID if Schedule 80! This is why size charts, as Kennyd posted, are available.

As usual, if you don't know, just ask. Someone will help or I'll post and prolly confuse the he!! outa ya!

But all said & done, Chex, I'm glad you found what you need and without breaking the bank! Bob

Reactions: Kennyd and chex313

·
Premium Member
8,902 Posts
If that's the case than it's a 3/4" male with a 3/8" male needed on the other end..
Thanks
I have to take care of my wife till Tuesday so I may not have time to do more.

On my way home from getting my caliber. I stopped at Napa and asked them to tell me what it was and that's what they told me M20 and the other end was supposed to be an M16. Is that 20 mm 16 mm? And and the end stands for metric?
If you had asked for 3/4" male for ORB/SAE side you would have got an SAE -12 (12/16 or 3/4") with 1 1/16" diameter threads. What you needed was SAE -08 which 1/2" (tube size) with 3/4" threads.
I did see you got the right ones.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts