Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a JD 445 and I recently came accross a decent quick hitch 54"Snow blade off a 318. Does anybody have any information on this? Will it fit? If not, Is in convertible? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I currently have a JD 445 and I recently came accross a decent quick hitch 54"Snow blade off a 318. Does anybody have any information on this? Will it fit? If not, Is in convertible? Thanks!
The short answer is yes. Deere did not make a quick hitch for a 318. Ive seen this done one of two ways. The first is a hybrid of sorts with the quick hitch mount bracket attached to the 4 series with the lift portion being from the 3 series. Confusing, im sure. It was to me the first time i ran across it.

The second is merely fabrication on the frame mount once you get the mount thats available. Also remember the hydraulic hoses on a 318 are going to be much shorter because of the svc outlets being in the front.

Here is an example of a hybrid mount from a 455. Note the quick attach portion missing. The up/down pivot portion is from a 318 pinned to the 455 frame mount. This mount will accept a 318 322 330 332 blade with no modifications but it is no longer a quick hitch.

The bottom pic is a qenuine unmolested quick hitch. Its on an Xseries but other than pin location they are the ssme. The idea of the quick hitch was to change between front attachments easily without removing the actual mount and hydraulics. The 3 series wasnt like this.

Attachments

Reactions: BigJim55 and Ray_PA

·
Registered
46 Posts

Check out HOME, he makes the conversion for the blade from a 318/322 JD to the 445/x series tractors.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The short answer is yes. Deere did not make a quick hitch for a 318. Ive seen this done one of two ways. The first is a hybrid of sorts with the quick hitch mount bracket attached to the 4 series with the lift portion being from the 3 series. Confusing, im sure. It was to me the first time i ran across it.

The second is merely fabrication on the frame mount once you get the mount thats available. Also remember the hydraulic hoses on a 318 are going to be much shorter because of the svc outlets being in the front.

Here is an example of a hybrid mount from a 455. Note the quick attach portion missing. The up/down pivot portion is from a 318 pinned to the 455 frame mount. This mount will accept a 318 322 330 332 blade with no modifications but it is no longer a quick hitch.

The bottom pic is a qenuine unmolested quick hitch. Its on an Xseries but other than pin location they are the ssme. The idea of the quick hitch was to change between front attachments easily without removing the actual mount and hydraulics. The 3 series wasnt like this.
I have the 318 mount now. What needs to be modified? The placement of the holes and pins?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have the 318 mount now. What needs to be modified? The placement of the holes and pins?
The pin location is definitely different and the frame on the 4 series might be a bit wider. Id suggest lining it up to get a visual of what woiuld need to be moved.

Reactions: BigJim55
1 - 6 of 6 Posts