Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Good to know. One of the reasons I bought a $20,000 tractor was so I didn't have to pay someone to move these logs! My wife don't think it was a good enough reason :dunno:

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know. One of the reasons I bought a $20,000 tractor was so I didn't have to pay someone to move these logs! My wife don't think it was a good enough reason :dunno:
I really wanted a backhoe, but I found this 2015 with only 53 hours on it for $12k. Couldn't pass that deal up. I may end up adding one, who knows. I'm up over 100 hours on it already since it's used every single day.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I really wanted a backhoe, but I found this 2015 with only 53 hours on it for $12k. Couldn't pass that deal up. I may end up adding one, who knows. I'm up over 100 hours on it already since it's used every single day.
Nice!
That's the great thing about them. You can add the backhoe whenever. It took me a week of deciding whether or not to get the backhoe. So glad I did. Already helped me get out of some swamp mud and dig a few things up.
Can't wait till I'm over 100 hours. Still at 10 hours after having for over 2 weeks. Lots of rain, holidays, and now on vacation

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice!
That's the great thing about them. You can add the backhoe whenever. It took me a week of deciding whether or not to get the backhoe. So glad I did. Already helped me get out of some swamp mud and dig a few things up.
Can't wait till I'm over 100 hours. Still at 10 hours after having for over 2 weeks. Lots of rain, holidays, and now on vacation
The opportunities to use this tractor are endless. I have a 71 planter that I used last year behind the X590 I have, but this year the 1025R took over prepping as well.

https://youtu.be/T4tejEtyXw0

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
The opportunities to use this tractor are endless. I have a 71 planter that I used last year behind the X590 I have, but this year the 1025R took over prepping as well.

https://youtu.be/T4tejEtyXw0
Awesome. Looks like he's having a blast!
After 9 hours I realized the possibilities were endless. It took a lot to drop 20 for a tractor for my 3 acres. After about 2hours my mind was eased

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
837 Posts
Ken's hooks were my first addition to my tractor when I bought it and I used them extensively last year after our hurricane to clean up our neighbors yard. She lost several old trees that we disposed of for her. The hooks and a length of chain made short work of them.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Reactions: Robnik

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Pretty cool, reminds me of that song - "Chicken Train" :laugh:
This one?

Just curious - I noticed a "dead spot" in the grass when you moved it from the original location. Is that from the chickens or was it there prior to putting the chicken tractor there?

Reactions: Robnik

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This one?

Just curious - I noticed a "dead spot" in the grass when you moved it from the original location. Is that from the chickens or was it there prior to putting the chicken tractor there?
That's just the feed they waste, no dead grass at all. In fact, I have to mow previous spots twice a week because of the manure left behind. Our layers will come over and clean up their feed mess.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts