Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been struggling with attaching my existing 3PH implements on the 2720 more so than my previous tractor. Last night I noticed that the right 3PH arm seems angled more than the left arm, causing the bushings to be at extreme angles. This might be perfectly normal but since I have nothing to compare I cannot tell. I do know that on my previous tractor both arms were perfectly straight up and down (perpendicular to the ground). I took a few photos to illustrate the situation. The angle seems much worse in person compared to how it is seen on the photos. It could be due to the angle of the camera. The right-hand arm is angled in, with or without an implement attached.

I suspect the right hand link, the one that is adjustable, may be slightly mis-welded at the wrong angle where the bottom yoke attaches to the threaded shaft as I cannot see anything else that would hold the 3PH arm at a slant. This is only speculation on my part.

Could someone with a 2x20 take a look at your arms to see if you have a similar situation?

Tire Automotive tire Auto part Wheel Automotive wheel system
Auto part Tire Automotive tire

Auto part Tire Wheel Machine Engine
Auto part Machine Machine tool Wheel Metal

Auto part Vehicle Soil Tire Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
j,

I can't really get a photo of the arms on my 2520 because of where it is at present, but I just went and looked at it and while everything looks like your arms and link, my arm is pretty much vertical (no tilt). I don't see anything that looks different. I do have a quick-hitch installed, so I don't know if that affects anything.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I appreciate you checking. I want to get a quick hitch at some point and am concerned the misalignment may make attachment more difficult. I wonder if I can talk the dealer into supplying me with a replacement bottom yoke section? It looks like it would take all of 10-mins to swap the part.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I just checked mine....
last picture.....the sway linkage eye where it connects to the 3p arm is parallel to the ground on mine where yours is vertical
edit:
here is a pic to better explain
Bumper Tire Auto part Automotive exterior Automotive tire

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought my 2720 with backhoe on, so can't say how mine fits, but looking at the alignment of the upper bushing on yours, I wonder if the arm would come into alignment by turning the bottom eye on the link 180 degrees?

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought my 2720 with backhoe on, so can't say how mine fits, but looking at the alignment of the upper bushing on yours, I wonder if the arm would come into alignment by turning the bottom eye on the link 180 degrees?
Thank you for the replies guys. I loosened the bolts and re-oriented my attachment eyes so they are now parallel to the ground. It didn't seem to change the alignment. The left arm is still perpendicular to the ground and the right one is still slanted. I'm almost convinced it is the yoke on the right lift arm as there is nothing else that controls the angle of the arm. I have a feeling the threaded rod is bent ever so slightly or the weld is misaligned.

I figure I have three courses of action.

1. Try to convince the dealer I have a problem and then further convince them to simply give me a new yoke end rather than force me to transport the whole tractor to the shop for warranty service.

2. Buy the $80 yoke end myself and hope it aligns better than the original

3. Remove the yoke end, heat it with my torch and simply tweak it into perfect alignment. Apply touch up paint and move on. :)

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I figure I have three courses of action.

1. Try to convince the dealer I have a problem and then further convince them to simply give me a new yoke end rather than force me to transport the whole tractor to the shop for warranty service.

2. Buy the $80 yoke end myself and hope it aligns better than the original

3. Remove the yoke end, heat it with my torch and simply tweak it into perfect alignment. Apply touch up paint and move on. :)
I don't have a lot of 3PT experience, but for my 2 cents, I'd do this:
1. If it's under warranty, show the dealer some pics and bring the 3PT pieces in and either let him check on another tractor or let him swap out with replacements.
2. If not in warranty, use it the way it is, I don't think it will affect the attachments :unknown:.
3. If it does affect use, try to fix yourself first (#3 above). If you FUBAR it, you can always do #2 above and buy a new yoke end.

Again, just my opinion. Good Luck

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree Tomfive. The only reason I started looking closely at the arms is it seems attaching/detaching my blade is a bit more difficult than it was on my Ford NAA. Upon examination I noticed the off-cant arm. I have no idea if it has anything to do with making attaching things difficult but it was the only thing I saw which seemed "not quite right".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.