Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't have any kind of QH for my Kubota and now with my JD 1025r. I will be buying a Ballast box and I have a Box Blade (Kubota) that will work on the 3-point. But the idea of a QH is appealing. I've seen on here the Imatch and I believe one other. Once I load the Ballast box it'll likely just stay on the tractor except when I need the box blade. I'd like to not fight the removal of a QH or will the QH work on the Box Blade as well as the Ballast?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I didn't have any kind of QH for my Kubota and now with my JD 1025r. I will be buying a Ballast box and I have a Box Blade (Kubota) that will work on the 3-point. But the idea of a QH is appealing. I've seen on here the Imatch and I believe one other. Once I load the Ballast box it'll likely just stay on the tractor except when I need the box blade. I'd like to not fight the removal of a QH or will the QH work on the Box Blade as well as the Ballast?
Good chance it will work for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Administrator
18,527 Posts
Some implements are not QH compatible, but some are. If you search the term 'imatch' you can read for hours about various setups.

·
Registered
125 Posts
most things (imo) can adapt, but ..

the imatch adds 4 inches to distance so pto shaft lengths may need adatpting ( lengthening usually if the overlap of shafts doesnt meet 2/3 of the length)

·
Registered
352 Posts
I do not have any experience with the smaller tractors, but when I purchased the imatch for my 5085E I was expecting it to be a lot easier to hook up implements, and it really isn't that much easier it at all.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
416 Posts
I do not have any experience with the smaller tractors, but when I purchased the imatch for my 5085E I was expecting it to be a lot easier to hook up implements, and it really isn't that much easier it at all.
It's the opposite for me, on my 3320 I don't need to leave the seat to hookup or release an implement unless it has a PTO shaft. With the 3pt raised all the way I can reach both levers of the I-Match from the seat.

·
Registered
12,655 Posts
It's the opposite for me, on my 3320 I don't need to leave the seat to hookup or release an implement unless it has a PTO shaft. With the 3pt raised all the way I can reach both levers of the I-Match from the seat.
meyerld--i don't know a thing about ur bigger stuff-as far hooking implements. but i 'm telling ya on my 2520 if i had to tighten them shackles or tighteners what ever they are called-i would of pretty much gave up-on a3pt for sure, every time i changed rear implements.

once everything is i-MATCH CORRECT-like eric102 said-i don't have to leave my seat-EXCEPT to remove the pto shaft--and over the yrs i have found different ways for my big belly to fit over the i-match to undo the pto shaft.

now i think if i had a bigger tractor i would invest in a set of Pats easy couplers for it.

the next best thing to sliced butter which i hope to have next summer is a top link hydraulic and another set of QD on the rear. that's my plan.

·
Premium Member
6,060 Posts
I agree, I am not sure if we have any 3-points now that do not have quick hitchs, whether cat1, 2 or 3. On the bigger tractors without it it's not so bad if the lower arms extend and I've done that for years. Somewhere along the way they all ended up with quick hitches because they are so handy. The only issue you might have is sometimes things settle or were on a different angle when they were dropped off so you have to adjust the top in or out. A couple of them have hydraulic top links and that is as they say is the cats meow. I just received my one for the 2038R from fit rite (shameless plug) and cannot wait to get it on but probably will wait till this winter. There is much to do yet. Now that I think of it, The only reason I have not put it on is because I want to hook it in through the joystick for the bucket because I don't have a bucket and think this would be a handy way to run it. Seeing as jobs always pile up I probably ought to just hook it up like a normal person and enjoy it, but I digress.

Even on the small stuff that you can shift around it can still hurt you and I buy these "toys" so I am not half crippled up when I am older. I consider them time machines and believe my shoulders would not ache sometimes had I bought a post hole digger earlier.

:hi:

·
Registered
4,219 Posts

I had an iMatch quickhitch for my 1025R and kept it when I sold it. I now use it on my 4066R and would not be without it. I am disappointed when I am unable to use it on an implement such as my post hole digger. However, most of my attachments are iMatch compatible, so it is real easy to drop one and hook up to another. It does make attaching the PTO shaft a little more difficult, but I have gotten much more efficient with that. I would not be without the iMatch.

Dave

Reactions: PJR832 and BigJim55

·
Registered
731 Posts
Some implements are not QH compatible, but some are. If you search the term 'imatch' you can read for hours about various setups.
Exactly. Only Frontier attachments are guaranteed to work with the iMatch, any other brand is a crap shoot. I love my iMatch :bigthumb: .

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Administrator
18,527 Posts
Exactly. Only Frontier attachments are guaranteed to work with the iMatch, any other brand is a crap shoot. I love my iMatch :bigthumb: .
Well not quite...Many other manufacturers do conform to the ASAE Category 1 Standard S278.6 for quick-attach hitches but sadly many do not either. I think most of the King Kutter, Land Pride, and Woods line do now.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Many other manufacturers make attachments that are iMatch compliant. On my Befco RFM, I had to order the optional iMatch adapter and it worked just fine.

Dave

·
Premium Member
6,060 Posts
Well not quite...Many other manufacturers do conform to the ASAE Category 1 Standard S278.6 for quick-attach hitches but sadly many do not either. I think most of the King Kutter, Land Pride, and Woods line do now.
Kenny,
What you are saying is Deere does conform, correct?

Reactions: PJR832 and BigJim55

·
Administrator
18,527 Posts
Kenny,
What you are saying is Deere does conform, correct?
JD does not currently make any attachments (and haven't for a long while), they are made for them under the Frontier name by other companies.

·
Premium Member
13,083 Posts
HAH! Kenny is right. I have used a combination of JD ballast box, three different Land Pride rear blades, a Frontier rear blade, a Frontier landscape rake and a 3rd part trailer mover.

Do you want to know which one gave me the most iMatch fitment problems? The Frontier rear blade. :banghead:

·
Registered
12,655 Posts
Many other manufacturers make attachments that are iMatch compliant. On my Befco RFM, I had to order the optional iMatch adapter and it worked just fine.

Dave
same here --with my Frontier GM1072 RFM. bought it in 07-and if i wanted it to fit to my I-match back then-i had to order the extra parts for it. don't remember how much that was back then-but i doubt it was free:lolol:

Reactions: PJR832 and pcabe5

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
My tiller and landscape rake are not QH compatible, so when I use them, I save up work for them. I want to get my money's worth out of taking the iMatch off and hooking the darn things up. :laugh: I wouldn't want to deal with the chipper without a QH. You don't easily shift 850 lbs. around.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
have a quick hitch and a ballast box and a frontier box blade both work great like others have said I don't have to leave the seat to hook them up or in hook them I like the hitch so far

Reactions: PJR832 and pcabe5

·
Registered
352 Posts
meyerld--i don't know a thing about ur bigger stuff-as far hooking implements. but i 'm telling ya on my 2520 if i had to tighten them shackles or tighteners what ever they are called-i would of pretty much gave up-on a3pt for sure, every time i changed rear implements.

once everything is i-MATCH CORRECT-like eric102 said-i don't have to leave my seat-EXCEPT to remove the pto shaft--and over the yrs i have found different ways for my big belly to fit over the i-match to undo the pto shaft.

now i think if i had a bigger tractor i would invest in a set of Pats easy couplers for it.

the next best thing to sliced butter which i hope to have next summer is a top link hydraulic and another set of QD on the rear. that's my plan.
Sliced butter?

Reactions: PJR832 and rtgt

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well dang. Now I'm not sure which route to take on this. The Titan BB is listed at 237.00 right now while the JD is 288.00 with the iMatch at 365.00. Not sure I want to pay that much for the iMatch until I can be certain both my Kubota Box Blade and whatever Ballast Box will fit.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts