Green Tractor Talk banner
1161 - 1180 of 1187 Posts

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,162 ·
What's on the play list...we wanna know!
It's all county, Travis Tritt, Patsy Cline, Ray Wiley Hubbard, Hank Jr, Willie, stuff like that. The play list has 430 tracks. I've been listening to the same stuff on my phone for years. 😆

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
43,135 Posts
It's all county, Travis Tritt, Patsy Cline, Ray Wiley Hubbard, Hank Jr, Willie, stuff like that. The play list has 430 tracks. I've been listening to the same stuff on my phone for years.
We get it, slow and easy. :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
4,970 Posts
It's all county, Travis Tritt, Patsy Cline, Ray Wiley Hubbard, Hank Jr, Willie, stuff like that. The play list has 430 tracks. I've been listening to the same stuff on my phone for years. 😆
That's cool. I'm more of a classic rock/hard rock kind of guy myself.

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,165 ·
I should have run a bunch of wire in the trusses. I ran about 400 feet of wire this weekend. I have a few loose ends to finish off and the south side of the building will be all wired. I plan to finish that tonight.

Then I have to clean up the shop so my buddy Moose can run around when he gets here. I wonder what he'll think of the cold weather being a southern dog.

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,166 ·
Finished the south wiring. I wanted to test the light fixture in Dirty's office, so I screwed the Gizmo light in there. It looks like hell. :ROFLMAO: Wait til he sees that.

Sorted out the spaghetti and had the box finished in about a half hour. I was surprised it all fit in that small box. My wire connection are getting better or easier. I found if you twist them really well and trim any tag end the wire nut goes on much easier without a fight.

Wood Electrical wiring Electricity Cable Terrestrial plant

Building Wood Composite material Metal Ceiling

I still don't believe anyone would call me an electrician. That all went well.

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,169 ·
If I used a bigger box I'd have to put backing behind all the struts that go to the other side. I'd have to paint them so they looked pretty....

·
Administrator
21,290 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,177 Posts
I'd have to paint them so they looked pretty....
I am with Mike on this one. I said the same thing 15 years ago when I did mine and now I feel bad all over again I have not painted them. I won’t be a part of putting that burden on him.

Besides it takes me back to my growing up farm boy days.

Wood Grey Tints and shades Electricity Electrical supply

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,173 ·
I could have powder coated the boxes, faster than painting. It still takes time. It's a shop, it needs that industrial look.
Why would anyone be encouraging me to go any slower? :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,174 ·
Some days you're the windshield and some days you're the bug. I should have had a head start today. Wound up getting to the shop late. Instead of Dirty digging a hole, he was splitting wood. Looked like he split a few cords.

We eventually got around to locating 1 of 2 pipes I was locking for, work for tomorrow in the day light. I might as well install the 2 timers I got today...didn't have the correct electrical box. I'll hang the door I bought today after Sweetheart picked out the ones we are going to use. Looks like I used a short tape measure. That door won't fit in that hole.
Gas Font Heat Pattern Event

I went home before I hurt myself.

The door issue isn't a big deal. I just need to take out 1 2x6. I just wasn't doing it tonight.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
43,135 Posts
The door issue isn't a big deal. I just need to take out 1 2x6. I just wasn't doing it tonight.
🤣 I remember saying those exact words a few years ago.
Gas Font Display device Electric blue Electronic device

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,176 ·
🤣 I remember saying those exact words a few years ago. View attachment 815671
Great, now I have to get the door in this weekend or take it to the body shop? :ROFLMAO:

Dirty, give me a hand with this door, I don't need to start another GTT legend.
Glasses Purple Rectangle Violet Tie

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
43,135 Posts
Dirty, give me a hand with this door, I don't need to start another GTT legend.
I think you already did with your shop build. 🤣

·
Registered
937 Posts
Some days you're the windshield and some days you're the bug. ... I'll hang the door I bought today after Sweetheart picked out the ones we are going to use. Looks like I used a short tape measure. That door won't fit in that hole.
Yea, I know that one. Bought a very nice Anderson entryway door to replace the existing one. Measured a million times, yet somehow 62-3/8 turned into 6 2-3/8 and the door was 12 inches wider than the frame opening. No way to enlarge the frame opening. Custom order, no returns. Ended up have to order the double door again and the 1st one is in the shop waiting to get cut down to a single to replace the house side door. That was a $4k mistake that takes the lead in the lifetime opps list.

Note, the 2nd one slipped right in with zero issues. :)

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,179 ·
Mine was my own stupidity. "That opening doesn't need to be that big, I've put a few doors in before." Now, that I think about it, it's been 13 years.

The funny thing is. After I said I'll fix it later, the Mississippi Kid called and said his wife wanted him to put a door back in and asked how to do it.
:ROFLMAO:

1161 - 1180 of 1187 Posts