Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,150 Posts
located by the cup holder?
Yes... if it is a direct, unswitched connection to the battery. Check the fuse rating, you don't want to exceed that. It's quite common for folks to connect a battery tender to the aux. 12V connector.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Yes. I do it all the time. That fuse is 15A. Make sure your charger cannot exceed that level.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes. I do it all the time. That fuse is 15A. Make sure your charger cannot exceed that level.
I use a Battery Tender Junior to trickle charge through the cig. power port.
It is just the jr. at .75A so no harm and keeps the battery topped off just fine.
I use the cig. lighter cable hookup from battery tender as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,292 Posts
I use a Battery Tender Junior to trickle charge through the cig. power port.
It is just the jr. at .75A so no harm and keeps the battery topped off just fine.
I use the cig. lighter cable hookup from battery tender as well.
i was wondering if i could also use the flood light plug on my 4-wheelers to do the same? i don't know if that plug is hot with the key turned off or not. will have to check that.
until last night i had never even considered using that plug or a 12v plug to charge the battery while sitting over winter.

thanks for the OP posting that question.:good2:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Why not just trickle charge directly to the battery? Very easy to get to?
Yes easy to set up the battery tender jr comes with a plug to connect directly to battery and it has a plastic plug cover so one can let it hang outside the front of the hood when not in use. One tie wrap holds it so hood closes without obstruction. And I just let 6 inches hang out for easy plug in.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Why not just trickle charge directly to the battery? Very easy to get to?
In my case, I have the Tektite cab and there is a metal shroud that slides over the hood sealing off that area from the outside and elements.
In order to open the hood you have to remove the shroud (4 bolts).
It isn't hard to do but just enough of a pita to just revert to the trickle charging through the power port to avoid having to remove/install the shroud just to plug in the tractor.

·
Registered
307 Posts
In my case, I have the Tektite cab and there is a metal shroud that slides over the hood sealing off that area from the outside and elements.
In order to open the hood you have to remove the shroud (4 bolts).
It isn't hard to do but just enough of a pita to just revert to the trickle charging through the power port to avoid having to remove/install the shroud just to plug in the tractor.
I understand your predicament. I would charge through the power port also if I were you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts