Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a great day for the Canadian girls at the winter Olympics. Winning gold in women's curling was great but beating the USA in women's hockey for the gold, again, was sweet!! So it makes me think of this song....

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,458 Posts
Nice Carvel Loafer. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Once again we had no chance in Women's Curling, YIKES! We need a new strategy....
Funny how curling is a sport, growing up on the Canadian prairies it was an excuse to drink a lot of beer and hang out at the rink. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Funny how curling is a sport, growing up on the Canadian prairies it was an excuse to drink a lot of beer and hang out at the rink. :lol:
LOL

I like it, we used to play shuffleboard at a Dave and Busters with my dad long ago, reminds me of that. Funny, looking it up, there are several curling clubs in TEXAS! Not sure if we'll be seeing any of them in the Olympics!

·
Registered
220 Posts
It has really been picking up in popularity in the US the last couple of years.
I do not know how it could pick up more popularity in Canada unless it was because the guys wanting to meet more women like the ones on the Canadian team. Even my wife (who is addicted to curling) commented on how pretty some of the curling women were from the different countries.

Chess on ice.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It has really been picking up in popularity in the US the last couple of years.
I do not know how it could pick up more popularity in Canada unless it was because the guys wanting to meet more women like the ones on the Canadian team. Even my wife (who is addicted to curling) commented on how pretty some of the curling women were from the different countries.

Chess on ice.
Well as teenagers that was the main reason to hang out at the rinks, to meet girls. Curling and hockey were secondary.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts